• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need advice-thinking of selling 70 GTX numbers match project car

dirrk

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
just starting to realize I will probably never get this car restored. the engine and trans (440 4bbl-AUTO-console) are original and rebuilt, but that's as far as I got. I also did the brakes, ball joints, rear axle bearings and u-joints, new gas tank and fuel lines,trying to make it drivable.
Body is rust nightmare, needs floors, trunk, roof (damn vinyl),rockers, and all the usual window issues. Trunk deck and hood are ok. frame is sound.
I don't have enough man hours left in me to do all the metalwork and interior. I have toyed with the idea of E-bay auction, but i don't really know where to start. is this the right place to start? I know there is a Mopars for sale thread, but I don't feel like i'm ready to post there. Any advice is appreciated....I have followed this site for years.
Great info and lot's of Mopar Love here.

see photos in merged post below and in Mopars for sale add

View attachment 1030879 View attachment 1030880 View attachment 1030881 View attachment 1030882 View attachment 1030883 View attachment 1030884

Last edited:
I don't know what you're asking for sure but you are a price away from a sale ad here. You just need to start a sale ad in the Mopars For Sale forum and add a price along with the above photos and description. It should sell quick.

I don't know what you're asking for sure but you are a price away from a sale ad here. You just need to start a sale ad in the Mopars For Sale forum and add a price along with the above photos and description. It should sell quick.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have no idea what a numbers match car is worth. also wondering about what to include in the add. I have read many member replies to ? about buying a car and "is it worth $". I will post sale add here first, since I feel like members are most likely to know a buyer....

I'm hoping to get some advice on putting an add together and pricing. RS23UOG1067**.
Motor and Trans are original and rebuilt (not driven). lots of body rust but frame is good. I also posted on members projects forum.
Car is complete with many extra parts. Any advice is appreciated.

View attachment 1030890 View attachment 1030891 View attachment 1030892 View attachment 1030893 View attachment 1030894 View attachment 1030895 View attachment 1030897

IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2846.JPG IMG_2855.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2863.JPG IMG_2883.JPG IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2851.JPG

Last edited:
Tha
Thanks for the quick reply. I have no idea what a numbers match car is worth. also wondering about what to include in the add. I have read many member replies to ? about buying a car and "is it worth $". I will post sale add here first, since I feel like members are most likely to know a buyer....
That car is worth some money. Consult Old Cars price guide for a value. There is also Old Ride.com There is a flat fee for an ad and you can have all
the text and pictures you want. I believe the ads last for 30 days, no 10% bullshit fees. I sold a 63 Impala SS, 409 car there years ago. It was basically a roller
with parts, but it had the original 409.

Doesnt really look to be as ‘nightmareish’ as you say, but more of typical b body rust, but the pics arent the most detailed to assess that. It’s a GTX, and numbers matching, the drivetrain is done, complete, and for the right buyer (a guy who does his own body and paint) I could see a good value for both parties. IE; you could get descent money and they would perceive it as a good value for them.

If you were to post good pictures of the rust I’m sure people would be able to give you a better idea. For me I’d be out as I’m not a fan of the ‘greens’

Is it drivable? Or safe otherwise?
If so drive it and enjoy it, you dont need a day one, rotisserie type car to enjoy it or have others admire it.
Like 4mulas said doesnt look as bad as you describe it. I would be more impressed with it as original as it sits...there are a lot of museum pieces out there but very few survivors.

I would make it driveable, too and just enjoy.
It would help in case of a sale, too

Tha

That car is worth some money. Consult Old Cars price guide for a value. There is also Old Ride.com There is a flat fee for an ad and you can have all
the text and pictures you want. I believe the ads last for 30 days, no 10% bullshit fees. I sold a 63 Impala SS, 409 car there years ago. It was basically a roller
with parts, but it had the original 409.
Thanks. I will check them out.

Is it drivable? Or safe otherwise?
If so drive it and enjoy it, you dont need a day one, rotisserie type car to enjoy it or have others admire it.
Like 4mulas said doesnt look as bad as you describe it. I would be more impressed with it as original as it sits...there are a lot of museum pieces out there but very few survivors.
Not really drivable cause the interior is gutted, all glass is out and so many holes in roof and floors. I've had it for 18 years......too many houses to flip, moves,etc. just time to move on....maybe buy a driver. I would rather not screw up a classic that could be properly restored.

just starting to realize I will probably never get this car restored. the engine and trans (440 4bbl-AUTO-console) are original and rebuilt, but that's as far as I got. I also did the brakes, ball joints, rear axle bearings and u-joints, new gas tank and fuel lines,trying to make it drivable.
Body is rust nightmare, needs floors, trunk, roof (damn vinyl),rockers, and all the usual window issues. Trunk deck and hood are ok. frame is sound.
I don't have enough man hours left in me to do all the metalwork and interior. I have toyed with the idea of E-bay auction, but i don't really know where to start. is this the right place to start? I know there is a Mopars for sale thread, but I don't feel like i'm ready to post there. Any advice is appreciated....I have followed this site for years.
Great info and lot's of Mopar Love here.

View attachment 1030879 View attachment 1030880 View attachment 1030881 View attachment 1030882 View attachment 1030883 View attachment 1030884
I suggest you place an advert here and start out with a price that can be negotiated. As in $30k OBO (or whatever price you feel comfortable with)

Best advice I can give right now is to take some recent pictures...either that or reset the date on your camera. A picture that is 5 years old will not help the selling process. :)

FWIW, I like the car, and would be interested in talking if I was closer. :thumbsup:

Welcome from Missouri!!

thanks, I changed to some new photos in the listing i'm building. car hasn't changed much....been sitting in the garage under piles of unrelated crap.

thanks, I changed to some new photos in the listing i'm building. car hasn't changed much....been sitting in the garage under piles of unrelated crap.
I merged your threads, this one and the other one you started today before noon. You don't need multiple threads about the same subject. If you want to talk about the value so you can start a sale thread, fine. But if you're going to sell, you need to start a thread in the proper forum. Offers to buy in a "what's it worth" thread will get deleted. Please read and follow the sale rules posted before you start your thread.

Bought this Runner non matching number's car. Motor ran and needed a lot of body work or might say every thing. For 7 Thou. Now in to it for around 30 Thou. Good motor and trans is a plus. Found out the motor I thought was good is not rebuildable. Like was said put a number on it and ask best offer. Good luck on the sale.

I merged your threads, this one and the other one you started today before noon. You don't need multiple threads about the same subject. If you want to talk about the value so you can start a sale thread, fine. But if you're going to sell, you need to start a thread in the proper forum. Offers to buy in a "what's it worth" thread will get deleted. Please read and follow the sale rules posted before you start your thread.

OK thanks....I put together an add in Mopars for sale. should I delete this thread?

Last edited:
I love EF8 cars...I'm tempted on this one but I have my heart set on a EF8 71 Superbee or maybe Charger R/T. ;)

Auto Transport Service
Back