• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Console wiring pictures or diagrams HELP

moparstuart

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
overland park kansas / Former owner a salvage yard
ok i have ordred 3 different sets of wiring to go from my console to the left rocker panel and to the kick panel / door switch ??

all are wrong or wont fit up to my exsisting wiring in my console ? is the wiring i have in my console wrong ??

big gray plug 6 pin or wires /? all the harnesses i get in only have a 4 pin plug ??

HELP
Oh this is on my 70 superbird convertible , it never had a console so i'm trying to get it to light up correctly like factory two side round lights and a shifter light .

Attachments

• console wiring DSCN127116.JPG
    console wiring DSCN127116.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 00dfsd6dfredre.JPG
    00dfsd6dfredre.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 999
Got your problem figured out stu. '68 and prior have a 6 prong plug because the back up switch is mounted to the side of the shifter mech. There would be two extra wires coming off that, violet and I believe a violet/white stripe. Starting in '69 there was no backup switch down there. It is incorporated through the newer style 3 prong neutral safety switch, thus a 4 prong connection box at the console.

So, pic's...............

Here's the connection at the console, harness side- a black, orange, pink and yellow wire. Console wiring side, yellow and pink wires double up, thus a pink and a yellow to each console light. The black and orange wires go to the gear selector light.

w1-6.jpg

About 2 feet down from that connection, the black wire splits out of the harness and has a little eyehole connector. A small sheetmetal screw runs through that and secures to the pan/tunnel as a ground. The wires/harness runs across the pan and intercepts right around the start of the kick panel. So, at the kick panel you'll have 3 wires- Pink, orange, yellow. The yellow plugs into the yellow wire coming down for the dome/door light switch. The orange and pink come into an offset 2 prong connector, which connects to another orange and pink set of wires that run to your fuse box.

w2-3.jpg

At the fuse box the orange and pink wire piggyback up on spade connectors. The female slot on that slides onto the back of the fuse box, backside of the Tail lamp/Cigar lighter fuse.

w3-2.jpg

Hope it helps Stu!

sure does thank you i will hot wire the plug ( cut it apart or something ) and be good to go . Is the harness from the kick panel to the fuse box seperate from the dash harness ??? If so i guess i need to find one .

Prop nailed it!

I want to know were you got that pistol grip for the auto and does the button on top work for releasing? ???? must have..........it.......must........

sure does thank you i will hot wire the plug ( cut it apart or something ) and be good to go . Is the harness from the kick panel to the fuse box seperate from the dash harness ??? If so i guess i need to find one .

No problem. Yes, the two wire legnth is seperate from the main harness. I'm sure you could easily enough come up with something in it's place. Heck, if you're not worried about stock, put a couple bullet connectors in under the kick panel, splice the two together near the fuse box and slide onto the back of the box with a single spade connector.

Have a good weekend!

No problem. Yes, the two wire legnth is seperate from the main harness. I'm sure you could easily enough come up with something in it's place. Heck, if you're not worried about stock, put a couple bullet connectors in under the kick panel, splice the two together near the fuse box and slide onto the back of the box with a single spade connector.

Have a good weekend!

yeah the extra plug in the console with the pink wires is a perfect fit , for the two wire plug at the kick panel , so i will snip it and add wires to it over to the fuse box . Good call brother thanks again .

Attachments

• birlimey.JPG
    birlimey.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Pistolgrips looker.JPG
    Pistolgrips looker.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 309
  • pistol grip lfgrfgt.jpg
    pistol grip lfgrfgt.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 301
Prop nailed it!

I want to know were you got that pistol grip for the auto and does the button on top work for releasing? ???? must have..........it.......must........

no you dont push the button , you actually push the whole arm up and down as you slide it back and forward , was stiff at first but slides easy now and i'm more used to it .

looks awesome man......love it

actually trying to clean it up and add a bunch of stuff i have wanted and work out some gremlins this last couple weeks

I won a free pioneer stereo system , it has blue tooth and I-pod USB port I put in the console , also added a power truck release from a 80's cop car ( put the switch in the console also ) and a trunk light actuated when the deck lid opens . Also added two extra power/cigarette lighter ports in the console also . and got my power seats up and working ( c body power tracks ) .

I had just found duncan lol yes push the hole handles down excellent, don't know why it would not work on my 69 same console and all, other than not being correct. looks like you replace the factory gate, and handle? $275 plus shipping.

How does it feel using the pistol with an automatic?

I had just found duncan lol yes push the hole handles down excellent, don't know why it would not work on my 69 same console and all, other than not being correct. looks like you replace the factory gate, and handle? $275 plus shipping.

How does it feel using the pistol with an automatic?

I love it now , especially the look , but it took some getting used to the feel of the up and down shift pattern at first . They have it in a reverse pattern too for reverse manual valve body set up .

Thanks for the info stu....How about the handles themselves? Any idea where to get them, besides the couple they have listed on their website? I'm thinking a carbon fiber one would look nice in my bird.

I sent them an email to them to make sure it will work on mine. I see the carbon fiber ones on ebag sometimes.

I think it's cool I mean why not? best of both worlds who says the 4 speeds get to have all the fun? lmao

Worker on my wiring and carbon fiber tops

FIGURES THE TWO WIRES i need to remove were the two in the middle not on the ends , easy fix :toothy6:

Attachments

• console DSCN1316 (1).JPG
    console DSCN1316 (1).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 270
  • console DSCN1316 (2).JPG
    console DSCN1316 (2).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 274
  • console DSCN1316 (3).JPG
    console DSCN1316 (3).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 279
  • console DSCN1316 (4).JPG
    console DSCN1316 (4).JPG