• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some luck Too!

scotts74birds

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Reds post inspired me. I dont ask for help, but a kind word while saying your prayers tonight would be appreciated. We got behind in the mortgage during the melt-down of the auto industry. We kept paying, but got behind. I pay child support, and they took support out of my unemployment. Fine. But they ALSO took full child support out of my sub-pay also! I was paying double for months, and they wouldn't answer the phone or return a call! Finally, I called my State Representative for my district. I told my story to an aide from his office. And 45 MINUTES LATER, the Friend of the Court called me and asked how they could help me! But it was too late, the bank stopped accepting payments. Somehow, none of Obamas programs worked for us. Long story short, a few weeks ago we got a letter from Fannie May, saying we can get out of the house, show up at the eviction hearing, or pay off the mortgage. Well, for the past few weeks we have burned-up the phone between Fannie May, their foreclosure lawyers, and the realty company they hired. We have family willing to back us, and pay the mortgage [we pay them back], but none of them will give us the amount they want, or the process to pay them! They just want to evict cause the paperwork is easier! And they have already been paid by the TARP fund! We have an eviction hearing Monday. I will try to tell the judge that we are willing to pay, but the companies wont work with us. I have my wife, step daughter-with two babies! [I don't like it, but this way I can keep the grand-daughters [1 and 2 years old] away from the dirtbags she would meet if she lived in a bad neighborhood], and my mother-in-law, who is recovering from foot surgery, and uses a walker. I plan to tell the Judge the situation,and ask for 60 days to pay the loan, or we will be out. I dont know how well i will stand up against these lawyers. I just hope the Judge has some discretion.
If anyone has any advice that apples to Michigan law, I would appreciate it. For everyone else, just a mention in your prayers that things work out for Scott and Annie, Alexis, Angel, Autumn, and Grandma Pat. Thank You, and God Bless.

In case anyone was wondering, the RR is just a shell, and I haven't put a dollar into it in two years! It is nothing but a storage shelf. I'd sell it and pay them, but they dont want money, the wheels of the machine are already in motion. They just want to clear files and cases, not fix, or work with anyone.

Last edited:
You have my wife and i -s Prayers Scott, keep your head up man, it will get better, We ourselves have been thru it, ill tell you i know it isint easy right this min, but ahead of those waves hitting you now is some blue skys, hold on!!!!! Susan and Ron..

What Ron said and then some. That whole thing is downright criminal! Consider yourselves prayed for!

Scott, sounds like you are going to have to do battle with the system and unfortunately counting on a Judge to be reasonable, well that is probably not the best plan. As much as you hate to do it, probably best to seek legal advice from a lawyer. You might be able to save your house, or at least buy some time through bankruptcy. No one wants to do that, but it may be a way to save your house. Whatever you do, I hope things work out for you.

Best of luck to you Scott. I hope it all works out well for you.

The Government always seems pat themselves on the back and boast about all the "programs" designed to help......BUT..more often than not, it seems that NOBODY qualifies for the program for some stupid reason.

Hang in there!!!!

you have my deepest empathy. not so long ago the very same thing happened to me.....except the difference is i had the woman that told me she loved me put a restraining order on me and had me evicted from the million dollar home that i helped prevent being taken away from her. im not going to get into a long ugly story about that but i feel your pain. this country sucks...i said it years ago when i seen the initial downfall......but fear not young jedi....there is light inside that dark tunnel....all things happen for reasons and you will soon see that this unfortunate happenstance is happening for a reason. believe it or not,,,,all things happen for reasons.....even this. !

Consider yourself remembered.

I wish you the best and have already lifted you up.

Consider just staying and claiming you're part of an "occupy" movement- they seem to be getting away with installing people into other's houses while the owner is away...

And bless your family for being willing to help

Scott, prayers sent! Hang in there man.

you have my deepest empathy. not so long ago the very same thing happened to me.....except the difference is i had the woman that told me she loved me put a restraining order on me and had me evicted from the million dollar home that i helped prevent being taken away from her. im not going to get into a long ugly story about that but i feel your pain. this country sucks...i said it years ago when i seen the initial downfall......but fear not young jedi....there is light inside that dark tunnel....all things happen for reasons and you will soon see that this unfortunate happenstance is happening for a reason. believe it or not,,,,all things happen for reasons.....even this. !
I disagree with you about this country sucks! Show me a better one. What sucks is all the politicians that call themselves leaders have done nothing but line their own pockets! It's time for we the people to come together and take back OUR country.

Scott, prayers sent! Hang in there man.

I disagree with you about this country sucks! Show me a better one. What sucks is all the politicians that call themselves leaders have done nothing but line their own pockets! It's time for we the people to come together and take back OUR country.

"OUR country" A foggy recognition but sure has a nice sound to it.

Scott, I am really sorry to hear about everything you and your family are going through. "We the People" have put the dirt bags in office so the blame falls on us. Corny as it may sound, I would try to contacting your state rep or higher(Obama does have an email address) again and try to get them on this, tell them that no one is willing to work with you. You will be in my prayers and I hope this can all be worked out.

Scott...try to hang tough,don't let the bastards see you blink...tell your story from the heart to the judge...personally to me lawyers are rotten to the core,it seems it is all about money...the biggest industry in the county where I live is the criminal justice system...here where I live you'll get a ticket for 3 miles over the limit...93 entries in the weekly paper...didn't I just see the other day where the states are getting 25 billion from the shady deals that Citibank and some others pulled about foreclosures? I think it said that the victims will get 2 thousand each...anyway,I will add my prayers for you...Marla...PS,I do not intend to broad brush all lawyers as greedy...I am sure that as in all walks there are kind...caring lawyers...maybe I'll meet one some day>

I feel for you & your unfortunate predicament, my best wishes to you & your extended family, best of luck getting through this rough time... Behind every black cloud is some sun shine...

I feel for you as I am in the same boat ! I have a bad back and knees from working on concrete floors all my like being an auto tech and I had back surgery in 2008 and it hurts all the time real bad in the mornings. Also had a bad car crash in 1982 and got banged up bad when I rolled my Dart 6 times. I have all kinds of authrithas and more chipped bones in my back and I have also been diagnosed with Fibromylagia as many times I think every joint in my body hurts. So I lost my tech job last March since I could not do the work fast enough for them any more. I have exhausted all my savings and my IRA so I am broke ! I am getting unemployment but I am always out of money before the next check and it may run out soon. Lucky for me my son lives with me and it paying the mortage but I am trying to pay all the bills. Anyway I will pray for you guys as I know how it is. And dont let it get you down as just remember you are good people and thats what counts ! The only thing I can enjoy is my 63 when I have the cash to put gas in it. I did apply for diability about 4 months ago. Ron

Good luck. Hang in there. I have a friend that is going through the same thing with her house. Times will get better. These mortgage Companys are crooks that cant be trusted.

I'm always glad to offer prayers, but I think you need some new ideas more than prayers. I know quite a few people in your situation, and I used to be one myself. I think you need to ask yourself if you really want to stay where you're at? The economy isn't going to get any better in Michigan anytime soon. Your state has improved its business climate quite a bit recently, but it might well be too little too late. You've risen from the mid-40s to the mid-teens in tax rankings, but that still leaves a lot of states with better business environments than Michigan's, and these places are where businesses are moving to. So even if the judge decides your way, it might just be a short-term reprieve to a long-term problem.

I lived in Maryland for 12 years. It was a nice area, we had roots there, but the job market sucked, the taxes were horrible, the housing market was outrageous. After getting laid off for the third time in two years, we decided to pack it in and move to Florida. The job market was better, there's no state, county, or city income taxes, and a much better housing market and school systems. It was scary as Hell to do, but now eight years later we know we made the right move. Had we stayed in MD, my kids would have crappy jobs, we would be living in a tiny home that wasn't worth what we were paying for it, and we would be paying all those taxes. Now we all have great jobs, we live in a house that's three times the size of our house in MD and cheaper to boot, and our financials are much, much, better since we're no longer giving a big chunk of our income to the state.

Maybe Florida isn't right for you, but you might want to consider moving somewhere that better meets your needs instead of hanging on to a sinking situation.

Good luck. Hang in there. I have a friend that is going through the same thing with her house. Times will get better. These mortgage Companys are crooks that cant be trusted.

The mortgage companies aren't the problem. The government is. The Feds were the ones pushing the mortgage companies to make loans to people who couldn't afford them in the first place. Now we have the Feds making an effort to go in and tinker around with home mortgages again, which is going to cause even more problems. When will they learn good intentions usually lead to horrible business decisions?

Best of luck to you and your family Scott. I really hope it all pans out for you and yours in the end.

if wish's, hope and prayers were tender, then you have a bunch of mine. good luck.
p.s.; i do believe stuff happens for a reason. god bless.

Mortgages

Best of luck to you Scott. I hope it all works out well for you.

The Government always seems pat themselves on the back and boast about all the "programs" designed to help......BUT..more often than not, it seems that NOBODY qualifies for the program for some stupid reason.

Hang in there!!!!

:iamwithstupid: A few members in my family is in the mortgage business, one of my sisters, a niece & nephew all have had trouble getting people into loans, even the govt. supported loans, it's too hard for almost anyone to qualify for now, no equity in there homes now either, even the people that have excellent credit, have issues getting mortgages now, I hear about it every time I talk to any of them... You can thank the Barney Frank/Dodd bill for that, it was the biggest cause for that issue & regulations that have strapped the small banks & lending companies hands, the too big to fail concept doesn't seem to be working for anyone except the big banks & there higherarchy, the smaller banks & lending institutions should be able to lend to qualified home owners much easier, with out all the govt. red tape, if your credit is good & income is at the proper level for your purchases, especially at the current life time low interest levels of 4% & lower, it could help a ton of people...

Auto Transport Service
Back