• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"New" 66 Charger in AZ

OG_CHGR

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello All! I just picked up my first Mopar, a 1966 Dodge Charger 318 Poly A/C car, about a month ago. It's an extremely solid car that was restored about 20 years ago so not much for me to do, except drive it. There are a couple little things, A/C and the Tachometer, that I need to fix and I figured this forum would be a good source of knowledge.

I just had the front brakes upgraded to power disk and that required 15" wheels so those are new. Tranny has been rebuilt, motor was pulled and repainted, carb was replaced with a reman, and a few other small things.

1EF00F50-A553-4CB1-9582-34C32CBDFF86.jpeg
515C1B1D-D174-47A8-A92C-F468D1CED92A.jpeg
IMG_0469.jpeg
IMG_0470.jpeg
Resized_20211215_173527.jpeg
Resized_20211215_174414.jpeg

Welcome! Beautiful. Again, another new 1st gen surfaces.

Beautiful car. 66/67's are the best looking Chargers ever made, love the Gen 2 cars too but prefer the Gen 1 look. Enjoy.

Welcome from Illinois! That's one beautiful cruiser. Killer shop as well. I'm envious!

Welcome aboard.

Im in Tucson. I need / want to get to some old car events in the Mesa / Phoenix area this spring

:welcome: Super nice car! I was considering a 1st Gen Charger myself. Honestly, hands down, IMHO they have the most gorgeous instrument cluster ever put together by Dodge with that electroluminescent gauge lighting. Nothing compares.

Welcome aboard Sir from the middle of the mitten. I too have a 66 Charger, but it doesn't look anything like yours. Nice ride Sir, nice ride!

Nice...I like those wheels! What are they?

Thanks! I think they are perfect for the car. They are Race Star Industries 32 Mirage. 15x10 (5" backspace) in the rear and 15x8 in the front. I did have to use a 1/4" spacer on the rear because I'm running a 295 wide tire and there was a tiny bit of rub on the inside wall of the tire if you made a hard turn or going into a driveway on an angle.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rce-32-510151gm
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rce-32-580145gm

rce-32-510145gm_xl.jpg

:welcome: Super nice car! I was considering a 1st Gen Charger myself. Honestly, hands down, IMHO they have the most gorgeous instrument cluster ever put together by Dodge with that electroluminescent gauge lighting. Nothing compares.

Thank you and I couldn't agree more! In fact, the entire interior is one of the best in my opinion with the seats and rear center console able to fold flat. I wish they made them today like the used to back then.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.59.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, a great Gen I Charger. The silver is a perfect look and the wheels make it. Ride and enjoy.

Auto Transport Service
Back