• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 74 Roadrunner 28k Survivor

PettyBlue340

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I just got a 74 Roadrunner this marks the 4th one I have owned over the years past include a 73 Roadrunner, 74 Roadrunner and 73 Sebring Plus

I must really like these cause I always end up with one without looking for em!

This one is a 28k well documented all original, original paint survivor 318 2 Barrel auto
Crappy cell pics better ones later -

photo3_zpsc619be36.jpg

photo3-1_zps1ca9021f.jpg
photo2-2_zps0cf05869.jpg
photo2-1_zps0ebbb6cd.jpg

photo1-2_zpsadf7b082.jpg

photo4-1_zps55d8aa66.jpg
photo5_zps34f6d0da.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now the question is
a. Dont mess with it keep it as survivor cruiser or

b. Take 318 out keep it safe and drop a 408 crate motor in...

Opinions

Very cool! 28K survivor is only that way once leave it as is.

that is a killer find! my first mopar was a '73 340 4 speed road runner. learned alot about the B&Bs from the blonde I was dating in that car.....
hard choice with a survivor car that nice. But I buy my cars to enjoy them. crate motor it would be and save the original stuff.

WOW! Very nice. And lucky too! I'm calling the Pope!

Nice find and original to boot... These cars were meant to be used.... (And maybe a little abused). I say......... do what makes you feel good.

Congrats on the car and keep us posted...

But.... before you start making changes... Please photo document the car for the original details etc. for the rest of us !!!!

Survivors are very cool. I would leave it be. Nice find!

Great looking car! Make it run as nice as it looks... go with the crate motor.

Awesome find! I love that color too... I had a 72 in high school that color and you know what it grew on me!

Enjoy it, looks brand new

mikey

Just wondering has 73 bumperets front and 74 rear but sweet find

Last edited:
Congrats on a fine looking Roadrunner! If it were mine I would leave it the way it is. I imagine nice low mileage 318 cars will soon be rarer than original hemi's.

Looks good...keep it the way it is...sounds like you have a hot rod or two ....good fuel mileage is fun once in a while too....nice find

Whatever you do to it, thats a beauty! Awesome find..

Very nice find. Congratulations! I vote for leaving it exactly as is and taking a whole bunch of pics of everything and posting them on here as a true survivor car reference.

Just wondering has 73 bumperets front and 74 rear but sweet find

I was wondering the same thing as well. In 73, bright bumper guards were an option, came standard with just rubber ones.

I also noticed the interior trim is different, satellite steering wheel, no slap stick shifter, and wood grain panel under door panels and I have only seen this on satellites. Never seen that combination on a roadrunner. Didn't think the go wing was available in 74, so must be an add on. Have you validated its not a clone? If its a survivor, there should be broadcast sheet under the rear seat.

From another owner of a survivor....keep it original. You have a time capsule there that previous caretakers thought was worth saving. Don't undo 40 years of preservation.

I was wondering the same thing as well. In 73, bright bumper guards were an option, came standard with just rubber ones.

I also noticed the interior trim is different, satellite steering wheel, no slap stick shifter, and wood grain panel under door panels and I have only seen this on satellites. Never seen that combination on a roadrunner. Didn't think the go wing was available in 74, so must be an add on. Have you validated its not a clone? If its a survivor, there should be broadcast sheet under the rear seat.

Yes have broadcast sheet and it verifies all your concerns except wing which was added by guy I got it from. Not a clone

- - - Updated - - -

Another survivor same options
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car-of-the-week-1974-plymouth-road-runner

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! Just weird seeing one without the slapstick and no roadrunner emblem steering wheel.

It's a 318 car. Hack it up and make it a pro mod if you want to.

Auto Transport Service
Back