• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Demon, 1000+ H.P?

I watched the live feed....audio sucked at the start (I ended up just muting it), had a bunch of crap about music videos and hits on instagram and facebook and yada yada...gave some rapper the keys to a Hellcat for his contribution to F&F movie(?)!!! A whole lotta fluff before they brought the car out....burn out and launch right there in front of everyone!! Now that was some cool **** to see!! Folks over on Allpar have been talking about it for months, and still are..trying to figure out all the videos released, looking for "easter eggs" and cryptic messages..lol!

EDIT: Previous numbers I posted were mentioned on Allpar, I just seen them and posted here. 808hp and 840hp were the numbers released tonight...so there is still a bit of confusion out there, but either way....this is one bad *** car!!!

Last edited:
I just wanna know how much! I'm thinking low 100k...

Factory missile. It's the sixties all over again. I do want one, wouldn't know how to import as I have to pay luxury tax in addition to the usual barrage of taxes. I think it will cost nearly twice my house.

I hate to say it but the ambulance chasers are going to say that Dodge built a car for the street that's been deemed unsafe even on a race track. FCA better have a signed waiver for every Demon they sell.

No track will let ya open it up, so seems like at least one is coming to a ditch near you.

I hate to say it but the ambulance chasers are going to say that Dodge built a car for the street that's been deemed unsafe even on a race track. FCA better have a signed waiver for every Demon they sell.

I'm thinking the same thing. Who is going to step in and tell us when enough is enough?
The libs may be distracted for now and we can enjoy market competition for a while.

I agree with you about the ambulance chasers but I think the NHRA only put a ban on the car for the street racers. It's so fast that it does not have the required safety equipment in place for NHRA street car rules. I kind of remember years ago when my brother would race his mustang, if you did over a certain speed you needed X and Y added to the car. If you pushed faster then that you needed X,Y and Z. It's been awhile thought.
When this does get released to the public there is going to be a lot them showing up at the illegal street races.

The whole NHRA thing was about the roll cage requirement. Cars running in the nine second range must have a roll cage. Put one in and the car is a-ok with NHRA.

Well I don't remember any production car that would lift a wheel off the ground when leaving!

Is it just me or should it take more than 840hp to push a 4200lb car to 9.50's?
Sandbagging the horsepower numbers.

Congradulations,to my Grandchildren,,,you too can now have the same feeling and more that we did back in the early 60's when the 426 hemi was available in a street car!!!As a old school guy that doesn't like new,I must say ,it would be great to drive this new Demon.Grandson ,CAN I BORROW YOUR DEMON TONIGHT?

Is it just me or should it take more than 840hp to push a 4200lb car to 9.50's?
Sandbagging the horsepower numbers.

I was thinking the same thing. FWIW, online converters put the hp in the 920's.

No track will let ya open it up, so seems like at least one is coming to a ditch near you.
More job security for light pole replacement crews!
The whole NHRA thing was about the roll cage requirement. Cars running in the nine second range must have a roll cage. Put one in and the car is a-ok with NHRA.
Do we know yet if they come with the other stuff like battery cutoffs, driveshaft loops etc?

Wow we have a ton of naysayer here... :lol:

Insurance will be only one the biggest hurdles

A note;
by the NHRA rules the Hellcat {in comp. form are faster}
is not compliant too,
I've seen plenty of videos of Hellcats running sub 10 seconds !!
{especially with Drag Radials, with only slight tuning}
so why one exception for one car but not another ?

anything past 11.50 et. requires at a min. a roll-bar

2018 Challenger SRT DEMON NHRA ban letter.JPG

Wow we have a ton of naysayer here... :lol:

Insurance will be only one the biggest hurdles

A note;
by the NHRA rules the Hellcat {in comp. form are faster}
is not compliant too,
I've seen plenty of videos of Hellcats running sub 10 seconds !!
{especially with Drag Radials, with only slight tuning}
so why one exception for one car but not another ?

anything past 11.50 et. requires at a min. a roll-bar

View attachment 413146
Seems like I read haggerty is the only company insuring these, if you don't pay them you don't take it home....wonder if that's correct?

Sub 9.99 needs not only a full certified cage but also the door bars. And fireproof clothing - pants and jacket. And an NHRA Level 6 competition license. At 140 mph, the car is 10 mph away from requiring a parachute. Ooooh, I just know that I'd end up killing myself if I had one. I want one anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back