• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New England Shops?

70BeepBeep

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for anyone in the New England area (specifically Vermont, Maine, or Delaware) that owns or works in a restoration shop. I will be relocating to the area and was hoping to connect and network with intent on finding work.

Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

PM'd replies are good also..

Classic Car Services
2 Madison Avenue
Oxford, Maine 04270
207-743-5001

This is a high end shop and does Pebble Beach quality stuff. Bob Bahre former owner and developer of New England International speedway uses them exclusively for his collection.
http://theautoblonde.com/bob-bahre-car-collection/

Are you looking for a shop who will do everything, or do you want a good quality body shop?

Body work is not needed in Washington or capital is not obtainable to open a shop? Your looking at a big move. An east coast employer is going to want to know why?

Body work is not needed in Washington or capital is not obtainable to open a shop? Your looking at a big move. An east coast employer is going to want to know why?
The move is because of school for my other half. She is looking into schools in that area, specifically those states due to cost and her program. I may have enough start up capital to start my own shop after I sell the house here, but not before then. I just was thinking may be easier to start in someone else's shop and perhaps later start my own or stay on if the shop is good. The shops in my area specifically are not restoration .. but more hide and patch for quick flip or insurance fast pace collision. Not what I am looking for.

The move is because of school for my other half. She is looking into schools in that area, specifically those states due to cost and her program. I may have enough start up capital to start my own shop after I sell the house here, but not before then. I just was thinking may be easier to start in someone else's shop and perhaps later start my own or stay on if the shop is good. The shops in my area specifically are not restoration .. but more hide and patch for quick flip or insurance fast pace collision. Not what I am looking for.
Have either of you been to the east coast?

Got it.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you relocating locating to?
Looks like either the Orono, ME, or Bangor, ME areas and Burlington, VT areas. She will know more after today which one when she has a follow up call with the counselors and program directors there. I am not sure which area in Delaware, but looks like it could be ruled out here soon as well.

I think on Orono & Bangor, you might be better off looking into snowmobile restoration or moose & deer skinning as there aint nothing up there. All that's in Burlington are students, dopey professors and and reject college hippies & there might be a small market for Prius restoration. Just keep in mind that the fall comes early and the winters are loooooong.

Don't know anything about Delaware.

Hey guys, I am looking for anyone in the New England area (specifically Vermont, Maine, or Delaware) that owns or works in a restoration shop. I will be relocating to the area and was hoping to connect and network with intent on finding work.

Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

PM'd replies are good also..

Ha Ha!
Too funny,
Deleware!

Delaware is not in or near New England, you've got a lot of driving from Delaware to reach New England. My thoughts are to see what school she goes to first. What exactly is your trade? If your a top body/paint person you should be able to find work. Restoration work may be challenge though and opening your own place, to do it the right way and legally would take a really big investment. Best of luck to you!

You have never been east and west across Washington state? Delaware is still in the neighborhood.
Actually I have. I am an owner/operator. I drive an 18 wheeler over-the-road for a living. Delaware is roughly 400 miles from Vermont. It's 360 miles across Washington State east to west. Delaware is considered the start of the Mid-Atlantic states. New England consists of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Actually I have. I am an owner/operator. I drive an 18 wheeler over-the-road for a living. Delaware is roughly 400 miles from Vermont. It's 360 miles across Washington State east to west. Delaware is considered the start of the Mid-Atlantic states. New England consists of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Should have led with VT.....lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back