• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Floor Mats

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I ordered logo floor mats with a new carpet for my '63 Fury and notice the mats don't seem to fit so nice. The driver's mat seems to fit low especially when leaving some clearance for the gas pedal. The outfit I ordered the set from says they're made to mfg's pattern and to set the mat to the base of the pedal. I'm not overly keen on this as the carpet can roll up onto the pedal and will bunch up if say my wife drives it having to move the seat forward. The photo should give an idea of what my concern is...any suggestions/comments?
Thx

Ply Floor Mat 1.jpg

I went with the vinyl floor mats with the Belvedere logo for my 65. There were no year specific 65 mats, so I used the 66 mats. They seem to fit for me.
IMG_0772.JPG

Your floor mat pattern/size does look identical to mine and looks like you have it partially set over the base of the gas pedal maybe that's the way it was intended; just thought the mat would set higher up some toward the firewall. Thanks.

The vinyl mat has a slot that goes around the gas pedal. So the mat is fixed in position relative to the pedal.

That's interesting. You mean when setting the mat you lift it over the pedal to seat it?

Thanks for sending this!

here's my drivers side floor mat, it does not move up the gas pedal as you drive. The little knobs on the bottom of the mat keep it in place.

IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2940.JPG

Checked out the vinyl mats called them (Dantes) and they don't make them for the '63...earliest they go with vinyl is '66. If I had the option, I think I'd go with these mats for easy cleaning and the looks are fine with me. My mats look fine but should have ordered in the loop material like I did for carpet; one of my many brain farts. Might post them for sale if I don't use them.

Auto Transport Service
Back