• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Shop Building Started

Nice looking ditch ya got there!

(“Thanks for noticing’”)

I’m house hunting at the moment and looking to try to drop a 30x50 or so on the property (unless it already has something close) so your thread is very helpful!

I’m curious, how did you attach the ledger board of the ‘deck’ to the outside wall of the building? I’m looking at the picture on a phone so maybe it’s more obvious on a computer screen. Did you just lag it to the upright structure beams or is there more blocking behind that?

Lag bolt right to the uprights. They are 5' on center. 3 bolts in each. Plus, on the window side where the ledger is bolted in there are horizontal members so I bolted up legs from the ledger. So it is bolted to the steel and sitting on the steel, if that makes sense.

Lag bolt right to the uprights. They are 5' on center. 3 bolts in each. Plus, on the window side where the ledger is bolted in there are horizontal members so I bolted up legs from the ledger. So it is bolted to the steel and sitting on the steel, if that makes sense.
Yup, explains it perfectly. Thanks!

1" foam board on the ceiling and starting fiberglass insulation in the walls. Drinking beers at the moment waiting on dinner. :)

20230121_180854.jpg

20230121_180903.jpg

20230121_171224.jpg

20230121_180858.jpg

20230121_182019.jpg

Insulation mostly complete. And I installed my plexiglass window.

20230122_165732.jpg

20230122_165748.jpg

I’ve got to get started on the insulation this year also. Going to insulate and cover everything in white metal. Only thing I dread is my 15’ tall ceiling.

I'm still debating on getting the main shop spray foam insulated. It will be pricy. Or I can add more batted insulation around the parameter which is a pain in the butt. The roll up doors are uninsulated.

I just ordered a 18k btu mini split for the room.
Screenshot_20230123-090907_Adblock Browser.jpg

On the spray foam, it can be done as a DIY. I saw HD has it available. Am going to use that on the ceiling in the old garage prior to drywall plus some bats there and on the walls too. Thats what was done on my new garage. Got prices from the same people that did the new for the old. Half the amount. Not gonna happen as there is maybe 15% of the area being done in comparison to the bigger project.

656 oz. 200 ft. Insulation Kit Spray Foam Sealant

So with the research I have done and also have in my shop. Batting is much cheaper, spray foam will keep the condensation out of your walls batting will get wet and start to fall apart.

I'd reconsider the lift, makes working on cars so much more enjoyable, especially as you get older. Even if all you do is oil changes and brake work, still worth it IMO.
I agree, if you have the vertical headroom.

I have the headroom, not an issue. Whether I get one depends on what taxes we owe for 2022. I got a paid move so we will owe more this year.

Mini Split is in and working. Got the door installed and the rest of the insulation is up.

20230129_123710.jpg

20230129_162229.jpg

Nice cold snap of 27 degrees for a few days and the mini split is holding good at 70 degrees. With I could say that for the rest of the shop. Brrrrrrrr.

a pink blast cabinet? :eek: .....and is that an engine stand? :poke:
Haha. It use to be red only it faded from being outside at the last house. And yes, that is an engine stand in need of a close, cheap 400 block for a stroker build!

From spacious to where did all the space go? I know the feeling. Getting it all organized helps tremendously. Plus not acquiring any additional treasures.

Auto Transport Service
Back