• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Forum - 67 Coronet R/T - Keep it or Sell it?

zimmstoy

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently came into a 67 Coronet R/T. Trying to get a gauge on the value of a car like this as I have not been able to find any others like it. The car has been about 90% restored - body and paint are stunning, 95% everything mechanical has been rebuilt, interior could use some new seat covers but it presents incredibly well. There are in excess of $75k in receipts that came with the car. I am debating whether it makes sense to keep or sell at this point. Car has a non-matching 440 motor that dynoed at 450hp and an automatic transmission (both of which have been rebuilt in the last 400 miles). Restoration is fresh with less than 1000 miles on it total!
I have attached some pics. I am historically a Chevy guy and am not sure what I am facing. I have owned a fair share of Dodge Products but most were much newer including an 06 Magnum SRT8 and numerous Cummins trucks. Any guidance you can all provide me with would be greatly appreciated. I know feedback will be subjective; just need a real world idea on what this car may be worth.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0976.JPG
    IMG_0976.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 474
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 457
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 462
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 458
Thanks for your post 68sportsatelliteragtop. Seems like this car may be worth more than I was anticipating. Has the market been soft on these as of late? Is it a desirable car with this level of restoration?

I would think it would sell at 25k. The other 2 references may not sell at asking prices.

Thanks for your post 68sportsatelliteragtop. Seems like this car may be worth more than I was anticipating. Has the market been soft on these as of late? Is it a desirable car with this level of restoration?

Your car is worth what you can get for it. The other listings have been around a while. Without the original engine and interior needing freshened up , $25K would be the ballpark I was also thinking about.The market is slow for cars this time of year, unless you are looking to unload it cheap. You can research sold cars on E-Bay for additional reference. If you don't mind me asking, how did you happen to come into this car?

very nice looking car thats a keep her in my eyes :headbang:

That car sucks. It needs a ton of work. More than it'll ever be worth to you. I think you just put it on a truck and send to me. I think I might be able to fix it up. I'll pay for shipping. You know, just to help you out. I'm good like that.

Of course I'm kidding. Beautiful car. Keep it and enjoy it. Welcome to the dark side.

car looks great...I've been dealing with these cars for over 35 years and the peak was about 5 years ago and they were selling in the mid 30's with a matching numbers drivetrain. As usual, the cost to restore crushes the actual value as there are a couple negitives; being not matching numbers and the year; 67 gtx and R/T are at the bottom of the collector list for the muscle cars in 67 thru 70 compared to other year R/T's , GTX, etc. (personally I love the 67 style and own a 67 R/T)..25k would be about the top..most likely get high teens to low 20's. Look at the collector guide old car values, but compare apples to apples. Sorry for the bad info

Keeper

I own one of these as well and have had an absolute blast in the last 3 years driving it. I also own a few other 67-70 b bodies and truly think that this car gets as much attention, if not more, then the 68-70's. Two summers ago, my family and I drove the 67 R/T from Casper Wy. to Laguna Beach CA and all the way up 1 and 101 to Bremerton WA, then across WA and down through ID. and then through Yellowstone Nat. Park and back to Casper. Total of 5,100 miles in 3 weeks with 0 problems. We put the car in the Fathers Day Santa Rosa car show and there was nothing there like it. Your car is truly a keeper. Over the years, you will get way more then $20K worth of fun out of it. Oh, I forgot to mention that I drove it to Mopars at the Strip last year. What a great car!!IMG_1019.jpg1000090.jpgdownsize.jpg

You could sell it, but in a short while you would wonder where the money went. Keep it, you will never wonder where it's at. It will always bring good money if it is kept nice.

thanks for the feedback everyone.

Steve817 - what color is the interior color in your car?

They are great size car also. not as big as the 68-69 cars. Plenty of room and handle very nice. Buy some seat covers from legendary Interiors and you'll be whistling! You will be asking why I didn't buy one sooner. Keep it and enjoy it.

They are great size car also. not as big as the 68-69 cars. Plenty of room and handle very nice. Buy some seat covers from legendary Interiors and you'll be whistling! You will be asking why I didn't buy one sooner. Keep it and enjoy it.

As far as size goes, if you line up 62s threw 70s B body they are within inches of each other. Sure doesn't seem like it tell you see them in a line together.

if you tried selling in australia, probably get around $100k

Auto Transport Service
Back