• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the Forum

PurpleVcode

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello FBBO, My project is my V Code 1970 GTX, 4 speed air grabber. Purple with white interior, power windows, power brakes and hood pins. No vinyl roof and stripe delete. Once the new rear quarters are on it is off to paint. I bought it when I was a teenager in 1977 from my cousin's husband. I know the original owner who ordered it new in 1969. Looking forward to getting it back on the road in my old age now. Here's what it looked like in the summer of 1977. GTX.jpg

Welcome from NJ! What does it look like today? Good luck bringing her back. That’s a nice ride

Howdy neighbor! Great story, glad it's going back together!

Wow, that's definitely a cool car to be restoring to it's former glory. Good luck with your project.
And greetings, welcome to FBBO from NY!

Welcome to the site!! I'm guessing you're around 62? If so, that's not old age just yet lol

Welcome from Southern CA.
Nice ride and back story there.
Good luck with the project and get that beauty back on the road again !!
More PIC's would be nice too !!

Welcome from Illinois!! What a great combination of car, colors & equipment! . . .

How Sweet It Is.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, best of luck bringing it back. 70 V codes are cool.

Nice In-Violet 70 GTX HT

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome to FBBO there, VCode, looks like you brought out the big guns! Manual or automatic, original drivetrain? I love all things 70 Plymouth B body, and yours is pretty cool. Send along some more pics as they become available, we’d love to see more. Glad to have you with us.

PVc, One of My Top 5 B-bodies, for Your Project ! Welcome from the "Armpit of the East", WNY ! Keep Us posted, on Your Project !!!

Welcome PVC! I had the same car in high school - it was my first car. Mine was originally a 4bbl 4-speed car with an Air Grabber, but it had a 6bbl engine in it from a '69 RR. It was originally burnt orange and was repainted black before I bought it. There was also a purple one like yours back then at the edge of our town that just sat in a guy's front yard and rotted away. The last time I saw it, the GTX emblem had rotted off the quarter panel and was laying on the ground.

Welcome from michigan, 70 purple v code gtx.... very cool!
Mine is deep burnt orange.

Auto Transport Service
Back