• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New transmission mount bushing already ruined?

72 charger

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
So I installed a new transmission mount busing in my 72 charger with a 727 a few years back, but keep in mind I probably barely have a few hundred miles on it if that, when I was under the car and noticed it looks distorted and ruined. I'm wondering why and what would cause it if anyone has any ideas?

IMG_4179.jpg

Is it possible that it got some chemicals on it?

I dunno, is there some manner of driveline geometry issue there "torquing" things in a certain direction?

Its just junk....I have one that did the same thing, its junk . My fix is to weld a flat washer to each side to limit movement

Made in China rubber only lasts about a year. I give parts like that the sniff test. If it smells like walking into Harbor Freight store you know it has garbage China rubber. The rubber deteriorates too fast.

Somewhere I read using upgraded Rigid/semi-rigid Automatic trans mount Bushing type will crack/break trans case...Don't quite understand the torque forces reason for that & my intuitive thought would be to tighten that own slop movement up with polyurethane or solid aluminum..Any help appreciated,...tom.

Made in China rubber only lasts about a year. I give parts like that the sniff test. If it smells like walking into Harbor Freight store you know it has garbage China rubber. The rubber deteriorates too fast.
Wow you got a year out of one? I got a day.....

Auto Transport Service
Back