• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with Satellite

Gunnie

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was left a '69 in 07 by my father. It was supposed to be our project car. I've been trying to figure out what exactly to do with it for years. I think I've got it figured out now. She's real rough dad found it and it was neglected for several years. After he passed it was parked in a garage. I've got the doors and Hood as well as the grille. Here's some pics. Like I said she's rough image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Welcome to the madness...

Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences

On the limited pics, sure the car seems to need a lot of work but people have restored cars in worse shape.. just depends on what you can tackle and maybe build as a tribute to your pops..

It does appear to have roadrunner taillights. Also, hold tight on those front and rear bumper guards, they are hard to find!

Justin

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

good luck with your decisions & 69 Satty build

Welcome to the Board, from one 1969 Sport Satellite owner to another! I also send my condolences on the passing of your Father. As stated above, some have taken project cars, much worse than yours and they turned out spectacular. Do what you can as you can.

Some clarification he died 9 years ago this year.

Also things that are for sure needed. Floor pan replaced drivers side the rest is rusty but no holes. New front fenders rear quarters around rear wheel. As well as a trunk pan. Of course it also needs a engine and transmission preferably a big block. More on that where it was stored was also a 1970 date 383. Guess someone needed it worse then I did. Going to go to some different areas post some questions.

Thought for the restoration. Dad wanted a road runner and bought the satellite. I don't know all the differences but my understand has always been road runners where just a stripped down satellite with performance oriented options. High performance Big block, lower gears, no chrome trim, and carpet delete. He also loved the old school race cars. The super stock cars from Ma Mopar, Ford factory lightweights as well as the home built drag cars from 60s-80s. I'm thinking road runner clone set up like old school drag car. What's everyone think?

Thanks all for condolences. Wish we could have built it together but sadly it never happened.

Welcome I would build it the way he wanted it

Auto Transport Service
Back