• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NFL Is Here!!! Let The Smack Commence!

GB is starting to take over, oh well...

17 unanswered points now

Skins came back, Packers answered. This is gonna be a good game!

I can't bring myself to gloat about the Seahawks as they were unbelievably lucky to get out of the Minnesota meat locker with a win. The Vikes had a good season and I think are still improving. Hopefully the Hawks can go to Carolina and make a game out of it.

As they have been for several seasons. I love to see them lose but not this time.

Strong showing by the Pack today.

NFL first? All the visiting teams won wild card games this weekend.

Burfict's headhunter cheap shot on Antonio Brown was flat ugly. Brown is lucky he doesn't have a broken neck or worse. Burfict should be suspended for all of next season. It looks to me like Marvin Lewis lost control of his team. Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of either one of these teams. Ugly game.

He needs to be banned all together. This was not his first attempt to purposefully cause harm to another player. It's his fourth. The NFL needs to say enough is enough and ban this prick.

He needs to be banned all together. This was not his first attempt to purposefully cause harm to another player. It's his fourth. The NFL needs to say enough is enough and ban this prick.
I'm all for let em play but when a player intentionally tries to put someone out of the game it should be a 1 year suspension with a million dollar fine.

the game was full of cheap shots by both teams. I thought you could not lead with the crown of your helmet on a tackle... oh, here it is... straight from the NFL rulebook.....

A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.

so if this is the rule, then how come Pittsburgh got control of the ball on a fumble that should have been a 15 year penalty?

this game was out of hand from the get go. the only thing missing was a puck and ice. let me say that I HATE the Steelers, but I give them Kudos for provoking 2 friggin hot heads at the right time to put their team in a position to win. Cincy gave them that game in a silver platter. I just wish Pittspukes kicker's name was Blair Walsh!! if I am Pittspuke, I take that game and say "watch us in Denver, idiots"!!

all I can say is..... GO DENVER!!!

I have not heard anything on Brown. they showed the hit a million times, but I have heard squat on him. is he in concussion protocol? if so, is he going to make the game next week, same with Ben, haven't heard anything on him.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all for let em play but when a player intentionally tries to put someone out of the game it should be a 1 year suspension with a million dollar fine.

sorry Roger, but that is football. every tackle, the tackler is thinking of inflicting pain on someone, and if that someone has to leave the game, that is an advantage. I played d-back thru high school, and the harder I hit and the more pain I gave out, just shortened the field for my team because they would not want to come in my area. on the other side, I'd get hammered by an O-linemen when I wasn't looking. so much of that goes on and we don't see it. Berfict was stupid enough to (1) do it 5 seconds AFTER the play and (2) do it in the wide open with a million people watching.

the game was full of cheap shots by both teams. I thought you could not lead with the crown of your helmet on a tackle... oh, here it is... straight from the NFL rulebook.....

A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.

so if this is the rule, then how come Pittsburgh got control of the ball on a fumble that should have been a 15 year penalty?

this game was out of hand from the get go. the only thing missing was a puck and ice. let me say that I HATE the Steelers, but I give them Kudos for provoking 2 friggin hot heads at the right time to put their team in a position to win. Cincy gave them that game in a silver platter. I just wish Pittspukes kicker's name was Blair Walsh!! if I am Pittspuke, I take that game and say "watch us in Denver, idiots"!!

all I can say is..... GO DENVER!!!

I have not heard anything on Brown. they showed the hit a million times, but I have heard squat on him. is he in concussion protocol? if so, is he going to make the game next week, same with Ben, haven't heard anything on him.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry Roger, but that is football. every tackle, the tackler is thinking of inflicting pain on someone, and if that someone has to leave the game, that is an advantage. I played d-back thru high school, and the harder I hit and the more pain I gave out, just shortened the field for my team because they would not want to come in my area. on the other side, I'd get hammered by an O-linemen when I wasn't looking. so much of that goes on and we don't see it. Berfict was stupid enough to (1) do it 5 seconds AFTER the play and (2) do it in the wide open with a million people watching.
I guess that's why I didn't make the cut, I played defensive end. But I played with ethics lol

Not a fan of either team but whenever a QB stretches a receiver out like that over the middle in the flats, bad $hit will happen.

I watched the clip several times from multiple angles..... cheap shot? Perhaps. In my opinion Roethlisberger is partially to blame.

Rough game played by rough men. Their choice.

Now that Blair Walsh put my Vikings to bed for,the winter with his awful shank that cost us the game - I'm still also a Denver fan as I used to live there. I hope the Broncos paste the steelers ears back. Nothing against Pittsburgh - I just love Denver. Go Broncos!!

Vikes - we have to wait again for yet another year......

Most all of the Seahawk fans around here would like to say to Blair Walsh...

Shank You Very Much!!!!

:D :D :D

Perosnally tho, I feel for that guy....that has to be a tough load to carry thru the off-season. But all the Viking fans should keep in mind that we survived that gawd-awful last play in last year's Super Bowl and somehow managed to put together another season that was good enough to get us to this year's playoffs.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Hope KC takes down the Pats. KC is lookin pretty good. The Bronco-Steeler game is a toss up...just depends on whether the good teams show up that day or not.

The Packer-Cards game is gonna be another good one. I have to give the edge to the Cards being that they are playing at home.

The Carolina-Seattle game is another toss-up. We have played them so many times in the past couple of years, they might as well be in our conference......heh.

So the league announced this A.M. that Burfict will be suspended for the first three games of next season. Not nearly enough in my opinion. I'm sure he will appeal the suspension.

Hope KC takes down the Pats. KC is lookin pretty good

And I had a huge order for you Rick. I guess not

Perosnally tho, I feel for that guy....that has to be a tough load to carry thru the off-season. But all the Viking fans should keep in mind that we survived that gawd-awful last play in last year's Super Bowl and somehow managed to put together another season that was good enough to get us to this year's playoffs.
---------------------------------------------------------
A little sympathy goes a long way. The Vikings played their hearts out in the same cold weather the Seahawks did. We were crushed as fans because no one gave us a prayer. I knew if we played our game we had a chance at home. Seahawks have a great team - but the Vikings deserved that win. We get tired of saying well there's always next year. That shank from the normally reliable Walsh was a shocker that takes us back to the same thing happening in the NFC Championship game in 98 when Mr. reliable - Gary Anderson missed against the Falcons under similar conditions. I'm still in pain!

If you name your son "Chosen", and you refer to your parents as "The manufacturers of me", then Cam Newton, you are indeed a jack ***. :)

Go Hawks!

.....and it's spelled Kam, as in Chancellor.

For today I'm a Chiefs and Packers fan. For tomorrow it's the Hawks over the Newtons. Is there some way that the Steelers and Broncos can both lose?

Patriots over Chiefs

Cardinals over Packers

Panthers over Seahawks

Broncos over Steelers

......just my predictions

Auto Transport Service
Back