• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non turist places to visit in new york.

coronet68mx

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Since I haven't renewed mi visa, (I already start the process) the wife, her sister and niece are going to New York next October, and since many of you are Yorkers, my wife ask me for places to visit that you people who live there only know about it, let the suggestions begin, thanks in advance ( no she doesn't like old mopars or any other old car for that matter).

Come another 125 miles north into NH and I'll take you boating on our lake.

Last edited:
You're right New York city. The travel is the last week of October Halloween week.
Sorry. Can't help you with the city only to say travel in a group and don't carry valuables and stay alert. Now if they can get upstate October is a great time to check out the fall colors.

What are you looking for? dining, museums, culture, site seeing, beaches?

What are you looking for? dining, museums, culture, site seeing, beaches?
Mmmm let me see, the wife is not very fond of museums, and her party doesn't like that either, she love a good restaurants for dinner, parks, shopping I don't known if it's safe to visit central park, or something like the Italian neighborhood I don't know.

That time of year? You might like to check out the freak show that is the NYC Halloween parade, downtown in the west village. Just be sure to bring some full body condoms if monkeypox is of any concern to you.
:lol:
Seriously though, it's not all that bad here, just keep alert and your head on a swivel and you'll be fine!
The "Highline" is pretty cool. Lower west side, starts appx 10th Ave & W.20th street. Abandoned elevated freight line they converted into a park provides a mile or so of park-like strolling. Lots of renovations at the piers along the lower side of Manhattan adjacent to the Hudson River.

The only way you are going to really see "non-touristy" things is to get out there and cruise around. Just don't do it at night until you KNOW where you are!
Have fun!!!

My entire extended family growing up was from the NY city. My parents decided to move to the "woods" of CT and I hated having to visit my cousins in NY. To this day I despise big cities except Nashville, TN.

To be honest I'd avoid NYC unless you're travelling with someone who knows their way around.

My old boss always said never take a ride with his "Associates".. Cause you wouldn't be coming back...

Been 25 years since I’ve been there. Empire State Building and Grand Central were worth seeing.
Ride the Staten Island Ferry. Great sites and beer onboard. 911 site reported to be awesome.
South Street Seaport (Jeremys). Secure your stuff and don’t set anything down. Ever. Just like at home in Mejico.

Auto Transport Service
Back