• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Northern Canada is burning. It’s bad.

The fires must still be burning up there pretty badly. I’m in east central New Hampshire and there’s a smokey stench in the air and tremendous haze.

IMG_5572.jpeg

The fires must still be burning up there pretty badly. I’m in east central New Hampshire and there’s a smokey stench in the air and tremendous haze.

View attachment 1532644
Ours are pretty much done, in all seriousness there isn’t much left to burn. Some of the swamps are still smouldering but it is cold and damp enough now that they’ve even lifted the fire ban. We were out yesterday in the side by side. The devastation is heart breaking. Supposed to start snowing next week. It won’t stay just yet but it will halt the fires here. We always have snow that stays before Halloween.

They released these images today. In the May image the small red area is the burn that forced our ten day evacuation. The other image shows the huge burned area around town that forced our month long evacuation. It extends for about sixty miles to the left of the picture.

IMG_2576.png

When you drive through these areas it really hits you.

I got up this morning and looked out the window and thought it was a bit foggy. The haze stayed around and the northeast wind didn’t help. I just saw on the local news that the haze is from you guys. They said the air quality is at 161 (whatever that means). Haze all the way down to south Florida. First we had the Saharan dust and now Canadian smoke. Turn it off already. Seriously, good luck up there.

When you drive through these areas it really hits you.
We took the side by sides out for a tour along the beach yesterday. It’s very bizarre to see just black tree trunks where used to be lush green forest. It will grow back, there is already green grass coming up but it will take decades to really heal because of our short season and thin topsoil.

GOD Made Our World, to Heal Itself. Once the "fires" Are Extinguished, by Any Means Necessary, Nature Will Replenish the Earth.................

I sent Garth a Colorado license plate a few weeks ago for his collection. Because of the fires, he just got it maybe a week ago (took nearly two months!). These fires affect everything. I'd forgot about the plate, assuming he'd got it; but he messaged me saying he got it in the mail.

I'm glad it finally arrived, Garth; but I'm far more glad that you, your wife and all those critters are OK.

Auto Transport Service
Back