• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Northern Canada is burning. It’s bad.

YOU are one heck of a brave guy and nice to take in all those cats, my Lord, hey!
GLAD you, your wife, and all are safe.
I'd like to meet you someday over a cold beverage of choice. Stay SAFE pard!
amen.png I'll 2nd that!!

So here’s a twist.
The CBC National news interviewed wife and me for about twenty minutes.
If you are curious and have time to kill go to the CBC news website, find the interview “couple separated” or something like that. That is me, not fake news.

It is stunning how big Canada is by area. And even a more actually plotted map is scary on the number and size of some of these hot spots. One knows it's bad if Nova Scotia is having fire issues. That place is usually as wet as Vancouver/Seattle area.

We can all pray for a wetter fall and winter. Good luck up there. And stay safe.

It is stunning how big Canada is by area. And even a more actually plotted map is scary on the number and size of some of these hot spots. One knows it's bad if Nova Scotia is having fire issues. That place is usually as wet as Vancouver/Seattle area.

We can all pray for a wetter fall and winter. Good luck up there. And stay safe.
The Vancouver area is currently bone dry, we've had only a couple of rainy days in the past three months. We're on stage 2 water restrictions right now.

So here’s a twist.
The CBC National news interviewed wife and me for about twenty minutes.
If you are curious and have time to kill go to the CBC news website, find the interview “couple separated” or something like that. That is me, not fake news.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but glad you and your wife are safe. i was thinking about you this morning when I heard they were calling for an evacuation of Yellowknife.

The Vancouver area is currently bone dry, we've had only a couple of rainy days in the past three months. We're on stage 2 water restrictions right now.
Wow. Canada is taking a weather beating this year.

Wife's cousin is south bound with her two daughters and pets praying their house of only 1.5 years is still there on the outskirts when they can return. Her husband had to stay behind as he is licensed to operate a D9 Cat. A group of them are attempting to blaze a fire break through the forest before the fire gets to the city.

Wife's cousin is south bound with her two daughters and pets praying their house of only 1.5 years is still there on the outskirts when they can return. Her husband had to stay behind as he is licensed to operate a D9 Cat. A group of them are attempting to blaze a fire break through the forest before the fire gets to the city.
We are north of Valleyview by Grande prairie if they need anything. We can offer accommodations if they want but it’s a primitive hunting camp but there is a kitchen and shower etc.

Last edited:
We are north of Valleyview by Grande prairie if they need anything. We can offer accommodations if they want but it’s a primitive hunting camp but there is a kitchen and shower etc. my cell phone 780-300 -8697
Thanks Garth.. I'll see if the Wife knows where Christy has gotten too.

Message sent Garth and apparently they are out and grabbed a flight out of Edmonton back to her parents in London today. Her husband Greg is still there, working the fire break, so he may be the next to scramble South.

I live in the Kamloops forest district in BC and in a 48 hour period a beginning of month we had over 600 lighting strikes that started 300 or so fires and with the help of firefighters from all over the world only about 100 got traction
Normally 40 to 50% off fires are man made this year less than 10%
Kamloops is in drought conditions so no irrigation hand water vegetables only
The fires are real and yes the news makes mistakes over and under reporting

I live in the Kamloops forest district in BC and in a 48 hour period a beginning of month we had over 600 lighting strikes that started 300 or so fires and with the help of firefighters from all over the world only about 100 got traction
Normally 40 to 50% off fires are man made this year less than 10%
Kamloops is in drought conditions so no irrigation hand water vegetables only
The fires are real and yes the news makes mistakes over and under reporting
My daughter is currently working at the Merritt hospital. I worked at Douglas Lake Ranch forty years ago and she has already bumped into someone I knew.

Yellowknife, the capital city of the Northwest Territories, today is being evacuated in its entirety. Approx. 25,000 people having to pack what they can, and get their loved ones and pets etc. out of there. The amount of fires current and previous this year are incredible. Many of these people driving from the town (one road out only) and heading to Alberta to the south for safety. In my neck of the woods (Southern Alberta) it's the driest I can remember in my 64 years. Lethbridge and area is the "Irrigation Capital of Canada", with a complex system of water reservoirs and canals to support farming and ranching in this semi-arid area. The irrigation canal feeds from the reservoirs are normally shut down around October 10th each year. We were notified today the canals will be shut down as early as August 28 because many of the huge reservoirs are drained. Empty. They have been mercilessly drained thru the last 2 months to keep the farmers and ranchers going, yet the average rainfall received since spring has only been 1.5-2 inches, so the reservoirs have not had any help to be refilled. We often hear news of extreme weather, and it's around us all. I can only (thank God) imagine the terror Sahara felt when not being able to locate his wife. Truly scary stuff.

I’m serious when I say that I cherish and collect them but I prefer it to be from the known dipshits. This guy is an unknown quantity so his carries no value…
I'm sure it was just fat finger syndrome, probably on a cell phone or something....
It's a little too easy to mistakenly whack that red X on this forum IMO.
No worries, my friend. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back