• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Northern Canada is burning. It’s bad.

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Not sure if southern news is picking it up but northern Canada is getting hit hard by fires. Not small fires but fires that stretch for hundreds of miles. Hundreds of fires. No direct loss of life but that’s a miracle. I saw 13 burned out vehicles on the highway and a 90% destroyed small town today. Wild and tame animals burned alive. Never experienced anything like it and it’s still going on. This after bad fires two months ago and a history worst flood last year.

Sorry to hear about you guys. We've been smoked out pretty bad in saskatoon from it.
That's serious.

smoke also here in western ny , crazy the amount of fires burning at one time ! to crazy….

Maybe I'm a man without a country, but a piece of me is Canadian, and that piece prays for an end to this. Be safe and Godspeed!

God gave us all spring,summer, fall and winter seasons. Now we can add man made fire season.

a screenshot from my weather app( myradar) showing most of canada-

AA9A193B-21D4-4041-86C2-9F70C6AF2CB0.png

1692187090727.png

Those are extremely exaggerated views of the picture. Yes there are many fires. No it does not look like that.
The fires are many and far and wide. But if you take those sites, zoom in and look at the areas, it does not imply the entire provinces of Alberta, BC and the territories are on fire. We already had many of our operations shut down earlier in the year for evacuations. Those fires have been controlled and put out for the most part. Those pictures are great examples of how people are mislead. Many of what they show have already been extinguished. Click the link if you want.

NASA-FIRMS

Those are extremely exaggerated views of the picture. Yes there are many fires. No it does not look like that.
The fires are many and far and wide. But if you take those sites, zoom in and look at the areas, it does not imply the entire provinces of Alberta, BC and the territories are on fire. We already had many of our operations shut down earlier in the year for evacuations. Those fires have been controlled and put out for the most part. Those pictures are great examples of how people are mislead. Many of what they show have already been extinguished. Click the link if you want.

NASA-FIRMS
That’s an interesting link, thanks!

This picture is of the area we have a rig operating in. We evacuated back in May/ June. We are back at work. Almost every little flame shown in this picture in the central Alberta section is of a fire that was in May and June. Don’t get me wrong. There are lots of fires. But accurate information is important.

IMG_8778.jpeg

That’s an interesting link, thanks!
It was critical for my operation back in May and June. We had 4 drilling rigs all operating in fire areas. Eventually all were evacuated. All are now back at work. Smoldering areas still exist but the major fires are gone in those places. They were big fires as you can see. Hundred of thousands of acres.

Last edited:
Do they have a pre burn policy there. Dose forestry have a program to make fire brakes. Like the California fires where due to the people would not let underbrush be burned or some kind of management to go on. Wish you guy's the best.

This picture is of the area we have a rig operating in. We evacuated back in May/ June. We are back at work. Almost every little flame shown in this picture in the central Alberta section is of a fire that was in May and June. Don’t get me wrong. There are lots of fires. But accurate information is important.

View attachment 1510444
If the "flames" on the 2 maps above weren't so large it wouldn't look so devastating. I see each one is 1000 acres. That's only a mile and a half square.

The reality is, most of B.C., Northern Alberta, Northern Saskatchewan, most of Canada period, is forest, and not populated. Millions upon millions of acres of natural forest. Our population base in Canada is for the majority in the south part of the country. These fires are occurring partly because it is a very dry year. Some have been intentional, some by recreational vehicles, some by natural causes. I've stated before, when mother nature decides to clear a strip of land, she does not care about our town and cities. Think back 5, 10, 15, *** thousand years. We did not try to control the earth then. We can't control the earth now. I am not down playing the fires, they are serious. But reality is we are not a part of or in control of nature's big plan.

The reality is, most of B.C., Northern Alberta, Northern Saskatchewan, most of Canada period, is forest, and not populated. Millions upon millions of acres of natural forest. Our population base in Canada is for the majority in the south part of the country. These fires are occurring partly because it is a very dry year. Some have been intentional, some by recreational vehicles, some by natural causes. I've stated before, when mother nature decides to clear a strip of land, she does not care about our town and cities. Think back 5, 10, 15, *** thousand years. We did not try to control the earth then. We can't control the earth now. I am not down playing the fires, they are serious. But reality is we are not a part of or in control of nature's big plan.
I remember fishing in southern Ontario (northern Lake of the Woods) and seeing burned out timber. It's mother natures way of cleansing. A bolt of lightening can start it all.

No coincidences involved. The "bug" was the beginning of "the culling the herd/mankind".

Auto Transport Service
Back