• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not shipping to Canada

That is the thing Shag, have it sent USPS...it is the only way to go. I coudn't belive that first bill I got from UPS and saw they charged me tax on the tax +++ lost me right there!!!
I am having something shipped by Fedex, first time and so far not to impressed. The seller is {by google maps} 8 hours straight south of me...I know it is the holidays but it has been 10 days so far...guess I should have done a road trip...LOL
Al

that and their brokerage charges. its duty free between the u.s. and cana. nafta. when i bought the dana 60 for the coronet and the 9" for the chevelle from moser they only shipped ups. i had a guy here in town do the customs stuff due to the large bill and he saved me a ton. a 20-25 dollar part and ups hits it 35 bucks [minimum charge] for brokerage charges. +++
i find most of the suppliers will ship usps if you explain the reason why to them. some won't so keep shopping till you find one.
oh well, it is what it is.

I've shipped a lot of items from the US to Canada, and my experience is:

1. If you need it fast, and cost is not the issue, ship it fedex and tell em to hurry it. I've gotten items from eastern US to Saskatchewan in less than 24 hours, but it costs.
2. Never ship by UPS across the border. Don't do it.
3. Ship by USPS when you can , but be patient. You can track the items shipped by USPS and they really move it along, items can travel through 3 cities in a day, but soon as it hits the Canadian border (Canada Customs) it will just disappear off the USPS map for about 5 days longer than you would think reasonable.
4. On bigger items consider shipping to a US address (friend or box office service) and driving across the border to get it. Wheels are a good example. The Prices at Summit are about 50% of what we pay here for some Mag Wheels, but the shipping to destination will cost you more than the price of the 4 rims.

When dealing with any company in the US be sure the shipper understands that you do not want UPS, make him repeat it. 5 times out of 10 they will say whatever it takes to get you off the phone and then UPS it to you and pretend he didn't understand later. Make him explain the difference between UPS and USPS to you. Shippers will try to blame USPS for delays when the reality is that they simply did not ship the item when they said they did. The tracking on USPS is wonderful and very up to the minute.

Amazon has a Canadian Website ( amazon.ca ) which has way less items available on it than the US website (Amazon.com) and they simply will not ship many items such as used books to Canada because the cost of returns etc. across the border makes it unreasonable. For these items I ship to a US friend and he re-ships.

I ship probably 3-4 packages to Canada a month sometimes. USPS is the cheapest way, Fedex is second, UPS is the most expensive on the planet aside from my personal currier service..LOL

Its all about the customs fee's and the delay is all about getting it through customs.

There are three locations some customers use alone the border.. Blaine WA, Montana, and Close to Niagra Falls for larger packages.

Custom forms are easy schmeazy with the USPS.. fill them out online in 30 seconds and you're done... its made to be easy to use and it really is

Auto Transport Service
Back