• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not the official weather thread.....

Today was 35F and cloudy all day, could really use some sunshine here in the north! 440'

Almost all of my life I have lived within a 30 mile radius here in California. The weather is probably the best thing about the state. We don't get wild temperature swings like I see elsewhere. Rarely would we ever see a 20 degree difference from day to day. Yeah, there is the daily low and high numbers but I don't recall ever seeing a 100 degree day followed by an 80 or vice versa.
Looking at Tennessee and other areas we have considered, I do see that sort of thing and wonder what it will be like to deal with that.
Oddly, Lately here we have had days where the low and the high are really close together. Low of 46, high of 51. To me, that is really strange.

Almost all of my life I have lived within a 30 mile radius here in California. The weather is probably the best thing about the state. We don't get wild temperature swings like I see elsewhere. Rarely would we ever see a 20 degree difference from day to day. Yeah, there is the daily low and high numbers but I don't recall ever seeing a 100 degree day followed by an 80 or vice versa.
Looking at Tennessee and other areas we have considered, I do see that sort of thing and wonder what it will be like to deal with that.
Oddly, Lately here we have had days where the low and the high are really close together. Low of 46, high of 51. To me, that is really strange.
Well, living close to the Gulf Coast, we get cold fronts from the north and then they get pushed back by a warm front. And it goes on and on. There are times when a mild cold front pushes though and it stays cool for several days and that's what I like. Beautiful skys and crisp days.....and btw, been in my present location for 37 years but didn't live very far from here for 10 years. Actually, grew up from the time I was 12 about a mile north of here in 63 then got drafted in 71. Moved away from home in 69 but even then, didn't move that far lol

We got a dusting of snow overnight, but Saturday is supposed to be raining & close to 60.

Remember, There is no perfect place to live. All have pro's and con's.

An older gentleman told me once," whether it's cold or whether it's hot, you're going to have weather, whether you want it or not" ruffcut

3 hours later, the humidity went up about 70%

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 7.21.38 PM.png

Low- 51
High- 81

30 degree swing.

However, at 5:00 am this morning relative humidity was 100% :(

Last edited:
Low 30s and snow today.
Calling for 60s next week.
Got to love Iowa .

Rainy and low 50s most of yesterday until the sun came out.
Socked in with fog today.....

This was taken from my front patio..can't see my truck parked 30' away. But, when it lifts it's supposed to get partly sunny and upper 50s which is pretty typical for December here.
20211210_074749.jpg

Snow on the way tonight - 6" to 12"

40s and 50s next week

We have a warm spell for the next several days, going up to 59*.....in VT in December.....lol.

Just plowed the snow again this morning and now it's gonna be 12C (54F) and pouring rain tomorrow and + 6C all week.. wtf.. give me one or the other..

Auto Transport Service
Back