• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not the official weather thread.....

I mean.....counting in tens is sooooo difficult.

I assume all American houses are measured in inches, feet, yards, chains, cubits, and pounds etc. :rofl:

Why say that you bought 3.5 tonnes of grain, when 7,716 pounds sounds much more impressive. :rolleyes:

Short ton or long ton? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know which one you use. I have a slide rule.:)

degrees-fahrenheit-users-celsius-users-thats-kelvin-users-260b7db345ae7ec1-0bab21e3b18f469c.jpg

I mean.....counting in tens is sooooo difficult.

I assume all American houses are measured in inches, feet, yards, chains, cubits, and pounds etc. :rofl:

Why say that you bought 3.5 tonnes of grain, when 7,716 pounds sounds much more impressive. :rolleyes:

Outside of the polar regions and deserts, the typical range of temperatures stretches from -20°F to 110°F—or a 130-degree range—with daily readings clustered even tighter for most of us. On the Celsius scale, that would convert to -28.8°C to 43.3°C, or a 72.1-degree range of temperatures.

Fahrenheit gives you almost double—1.8x—the precision* of Celsius without having to delve into decimals, allowing you to better relate to the air temperature. Again, we're sensitive to small shifts in temperature, so Fahrenheit allows us to discern between two readings more easily than Saint Celsius ever could.

http://thevane.gawker.com/fahrenheit-is-a-better-temperature-scale-than-celsius-1691707793

60* today, supposed to be 66* Wed.,
then 64*, 59*, 62* with lows of 36*-42*
it's not all that strange 'for here'
we go from snow to raging sunshine
we get plenty of snow other times, so I enjoy the sun/warmth
probably only reason I still live here,
a lot more 'warm than cold' with very low humidity

15 here now going to 9 tonight!!

Outside of the polar regions and deserts, the typical range of temperatures stretches from -20°F to 110°F—or a 130-degree range—with daily readings clustered even tighter for most of us. On the Celsius scale, that would convert to -28.8°C to 43.3°C, or a 72.1-degree range of temperatures.

Fahrenheit gives you almost double—1.8x—the precision* of Celsius without having to delve into decimals, allowing you to better relate to the air temperature. Again, we're sensitive to small shifts in temperature, so Fahrenheit allows us to discern between two readings more easily than Saint Celsius ever could.

http://thevane.gawker.com/fahrenheit-is-a-better-temperature-scale-than-celsius-1691707793
When my house is 20, I'm comfortable. Besides that, my outside digital thermometer does read out in decimals, so I don't have to worry about it.

Finally getting some decent rain here. Got 3/4" this morning. Don't know when it started but the bottom fell out just as I was about to go out to the shop around 6:30a. After a 45 minute lull, it's raining again.

When my house is 20, I'm comfortable. Besides that, my outside digital thermometer does read out in decimals, so I don't have to worry about it.
I like to be cooler than that at night during the winter. Not uncommon for the temp to hit 60. Summer time it's usually around 76-77 at night.

Finally getting some decent rain here. Got 3/4" this morning. Don't know when it started but the bottom fell out just as I was about to go out to the shop around 6:30a. After a 45 minute lull, it's raining again.
In St. Charles Mo, we've had enough rain to last a long time, a foot. I got a phone call from my old neighbor a few days ago telling me my old house, across from him, had so much run of from the other night, that it came between the two houses half way up the basement windows like a river. Never happened before, ever. It's really hard to believe. I think they're calling it the 1000 year flood. The subdivision sits on a bluff over looking thousands of acres.

103 at the Sturgis Rally yesterday. Not a record, but it is unusual for the middle of August.

Looking good for the next week or more. None of that 70+ degree dewpoint bullshit.
1660325480805.png

Our heat wave has finally broken. It’s upper 70s here at the lake. Beautiful day and weekend ahead, but we need rain desperately.

In St. Charles Mo, we've had enough rain to last a long time, a foot. I got a phone call from my old neighbor a few days ago telling me my old house, across from him, had so much run of from the other night, that it came between the two houses half way up the basement windows like a river. Never happened before, ever. It's really hard to believe. I think they're calling it the 1000 year flood. The subdivision sits on a bluff over looking thousands of acres.
Back in 2001 Tropical Storm Allison dumped 35+ inches on Houston over 3 days. I lost track of how much I got but remember dumping my 6" rain gauge at least 5 times. There was a couple of times where it was over flowing when I went to look at it. It was the only time in 37+ years that I started to wonder if my home was going to flood. There's county flood control ditch behind my place that's at least 75 feet wide and plenty deep enough that you can't see the mowers when they are in the bottom with things are dry....and they ain't small mowers either. Anyways, the water in that thing was almost even with the top. Hurricane Harvey dumped even more rain but it was more wide spread but the Houston area still got around 30". Harvey also had some lulls so the water has somewhat of a chance to drain off before the next downpour happened. Thing bad about Harvey is that it rained really bad in other areas that never flooded before.

Auto Transport Service
Back