• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not the official weather thread.....

6 more inches since I took that shot... brings us to about 16. Glad I plowed that slushy crap yesterday before this started. Son, next door, says he doesn't need to go anywhere until Tuesday... I'm just gonna let it fall and plow when it stops.

New record here
IMG_3119.png

It's a whopping 13 degrees here in western Ky. Looks like 1 more day of this. Tues. back to a high of 20. Only calling for 1" snow tonight. Good thing I have heat in my attached garage.:p

Snowing even heavier now and winds have picked up again to about 40 MPH... put another log on the fire, pour another Rum in my glass.

50*s today, supposed to cold(er) tonight
nice break from the 20's & 30's we've had of late

GRB
I had fun in front of our Hangars Saturday AM - All six of them

The Chevy 2500 got an *** kicking , had to work from the outside inward towards the doors
Then pop open all the doors and get the John Deere Blower out

Was a very very long morning , truck got stuck so many times

Could only do so much until the Airport County Loaders showed up later

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

In about twenty four hours we went from minus forty three to minus twenty four; a temperature that would bring most places to their knees but actually feels warm here. Supposed to snow a lot, which usually happens when it warms up here. We can use all the snow that we can get.

Got a little over 3 inches snow here as it started yesterday evening. Had about an hour of sleet/snow around 11:30 and still snowing now. Roads are icy and slushy. Current view..
1705430498455.jpeg

1705430398346.jpeg

Last edited:
Minus fourteen right now and raining. Raining hard. So it’s raining not water as such, or ice as such, but raining slush that freezes as soon as it hits any surface.
The highway right now would be impossible. Being that we are hours between communities I couldn’t imagine being caught out on the highway, hours between towns. Gonna be a terrible day to be a moose or buffalo; hard to stay warm when you are wet and outside at minus fourteen.

Well it’s March in NY and it’s looking like the snow might be over… But in Canada

snow-canada.gif
:lol:

Last edited:
We had a massive dump of snow last night. We need all that we can get as the big lake is at a historical low and we still have fires in the bush. They are already predicting a bad fire season coming up, and it’s still winter!

Auto Transport Service
Back