• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh What A Beautiful Morning...

Storm hit us with driving rain snow and high wind. I dressed for it and went out for a walk to the local supermarket. My wife and my neighbor think I'm nuts but 40 plus years of working on the water front in all kinds of weather makes a little stroll a cake walk. Actually it brings make memories of a time passed. In the distance i could hear the horns of ships even though I'm a few miles away. I spent many a night outside working in this weather and id be a liar if i said i dont miss it. It has its very own beauty thats hard to explain. The rain, snow sleet in your face , the driving wind and the smell of the salt air. The warmth of shelter and the smell and taste of a hot cup of coffee.

As you know Steve, I'll touch some base with you on this. you with this. In 67 in Chicago, I did have to deal with this, I know you've dealt with this **** as I have! I'm from Chicago, your from N.Y. I think you can relate why I hate that stuff even though I grew up in it. The west needs it, so I ain't bitchin, and I; sure our Ca. brethren are doing the same. I can remember my Mom, Bro, & I truckin down the main through fare in town, truckin to the food store for provisions with a sled with like 3 boxes to it. I think you can relate???.
789.jpg
790.jpg
799.jpg
999.jpg
1040.jpg
1014.jpg
1013.jpg
1000.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice Tuck....hope it doesn't turn slushy for you. :thumbsup:
It' does depending on depth, it does and will as the dump happenin as I type. I'm sure you know that gig? That solar action hopefully tomorrow does it's *** kickin job of fixin that and puttin the melt on it and make clean up easier. Ma Nature's in charge!

As you know Steve, I'll touch some base with you on this. you with this. In 67 in Chicago, I did have to deal with this, I know you've dealt with this **** as I have! I'm from Chicago, your from N.Y. I think you can relate why I hate that stuff even though I grew up in it. The west needs it, so I ain't bitchin, and I; sure our Ca. brethren are doing the same. I can remember my Mom, Bro, & I truckin down the main through fare in town, truckin to the food store for provisions with a sled with like 3 boxes to it. I think you can relate???.View attachment 577889 View attachment 577890 View attachment 577892View attachment 577893 View attachment 577897 View attachment 577896 View attachment 577895 View attachment 577894
Chicago gets a lot more snow then here and with the cold its tough winters and tougher to work there I'm sure. What does me in is the dampness. I can tell you honestly I've been colder in 40 degree days with a driving rain working on the water front then a sunny day at 10 degrees
I dont blame you guys one bit for going someplace were the weather is more inviting and your free to live your life as you please. The very reason so many of us New Yorkers (city) bail out and move is a few reasons but the weather is one. I can do without snow, i dont mind it for a day or two but it gets old real fast LOL.
I guess home is were you make it, I'm a creature of habit and stuck on this rock i live on. My choices are limited and for the immediate future I'm staying. I can still walk down the block at night and be reasonably safe as the scum thinks twice as to who is a easy target but I'm getting older. Putting up a 40 foot ladder and getting on my roof, those days are over and i keep telling her we need a smaller lower house were everything is on one floor. You guys made the right move and I'm glad you enjoyed the snow you got and as I'm sure you did. Im also kind of sure you enjoyed it disappearing as fast as it does LOL!

I grew up in extreme North West PA on Lake Erie. We got buried every year by lake effect snow. We would ride the snowmobiles to school. Down on the lake front during a big storm you could watch the water toss chunks of ice up onto the shore the size of VW's. Exhilarating stuff to stand in the teeth of a storm. Makes you feel alive.

Well, we got another 6 inches or so last night. It's sunny and sever clear this morning so the melting has begun. It doesn't last very long even at 5100 plus ft altitude. Above that the mountains are just covered in it...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

WE had another 8"s last-night between 11:00 pm & 5:30 am
it's moving east too, having to shovel damn snow off the deck
for the umpteenth time this year, we had a regular Nov.
than a dry Dec. - Jan. a dry first part of Feb. the past 3
weeks it's made up for it, Mother Nature saved winter for Mar. it seems...

Yep I'm not a big fan of the "devils dandruff"...
It's snow here again right now & it's moving east...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back