• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio schools closed for 3 weeks

Since they announced the school closings today, we figured we'd go ahead and do some grocery shopping before it got bad at the store this weekend. Walmart was out of TP, bread, running low of eggs (luckily that was one of the things we needed), cheap bagged cereal was almost gone, and hamburger packs were almost gone as well.

It was quite busy for 8 pm on a Thursday. The stuff we needed was still in stock and was able to fill a cart of normal groceries.

The fake news media is creating panic on purpose to crash the economy, then blame trump for it

I am in Akron, Ohio, and the Vice President is supposed to speak here on the 24th. Doubt that will come off as scheduled.
We have 5 (five) cases of the virus in Ohio at this point. Closing schools may well be a gross over-reaction at this point. Media-induced panic on a potentially serious problem. Regardless of how many knowledgeable folks tell us that the sky is not truly falling, someone will feel rain and be sure that is what is happening.
On a separate note, I cannot for the life of me identify anything positive that has come from China - especially ersatz car parts.

There is a bigger byproduct of the school closings...Many of those parents rely on the schools to keep their kids while they are at work. Now what do the parents do??? If the schools close, it would be prudent for the day cares to close for exactly the same reason as the schools are closing. Also, many low income kids rely on the schools for breakfast and lunch. This many also have an unintended byproduct of kids going without decent meals.

I am a director of a municipal parks and recreation department. We have about 150 kids in our after-school care program right now. If the schools shut down, we would shut down our after-school care as well. Thankfully, next week is spring break and, for us, things slow down a bit. Hopefully, by the following week, cooler heads will prevail and some normalcy will return. But....I doubt that. :-(

Wife had to go to 4 stores yesterday to get us a few rolls as we were out! I walk into Home Depot this morning to get some drywall primer and low and behold there's a full skid of TP between the entrance doors! LOL

Did you grab any?

Went to Bj's the other day, had 3 cases of water and the cashier said you can only buy 2. Note there was no sign by the the water saying that. Now I go back to buy more stuff, line was up to waz-zoo. You think there was a week long blizzard where I am located.

The LA, Orange County, and San Diego schools are now closed for the next few weeks. Also heard today the Mormon church closed all its facilities worldwide in response to... you guessed it... Next there’s going to be a run on the banks..... Lord I hope not

I wonder if these kids [and the teachers] will have to stay in school until August now because of these closings in March?

Our school district is using snow days to extend spring break to 2 weeks starting Monday and the following week the kids will do ‘remote learning’. We are fortunate to be in a school district where most kids have computers so the remote learning might work for us, but I’m sure many school districts will not have that luxury.

Auto Transport Service
Back