• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OHMIGOD! SNOW!!!!! WHAT DO I DO?????

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Sheesh.

Barely a coating on the grass today...but first flakes of the season, and ALL the flakes are out on the roads! What should have been a 17 minute commute took nearly 30...zero accidents, roads are WET (Maryland loves their brine treatments!), but people....good Lord, we're a sad race anymore. Fourteen miles an hour, on a 50MPH surface (country) road. Seriously, folks?

How many other folks are ...uh... 'enjoying' the first snow of the season on the roads today?

Y'all should see them here when we have snow or more frequently ice. It starts the day before with the traditional shelf cleaning at Walmart then the non stop "hold my beer"moments. Then it's gone the next day.

Y'all should see them here when we have snow or more frequently ice. It starts the day before with the traditional shelf cleaning at Walmart then the non stop "hold my beer"moments. Then it's gone the next day.
Same down here. You get the panic shoppers the day before. Then next day ice, then you get the liquor store shoppers. Then 9 months later a baby boom

That is why growing up and coming from snow country, one learns how to drive in it and keep pace albeit slightly slower. So many out there are in such a damn hurry to get to their destination that they do not practice good driving which in the end, they either wipe out, crash, or panic and go at twice a Snail's pace. Many also think the just because I am driving a 4X4 or AWD, that they are immune to the calamities that can befall them by driving in it as well. Usually now, I do not venture out when a storm hits but wait a day or so, so that by then the roads are nice, clear, and drive-able...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I remember a few years ago we had a lite dusting of snow and the wife and I were coming south out of ATL and there were cars and trucks in the ditches on both sides of the road. I had already put a couple hundred pounds of weight in the back of the truck the day before because that's what you do with a pickup when it snows. They were driving like idiots, but they do that when the weather is good here anyway.

I'm lucky to live in an area where snow is not going to happen. Unless Bill and Hillary confess to ordering Clintoncide.

IMG_2784.jpeg

Snow is now refered to as climate change dust and is resopnsible for raising the sea levels! Where have you been the last six years!

Brine is the worst it rusts everything. Here in Pa they do it for just a forecast of snow squalls..

Wasn't a good morning to head to the grocery store for some on sale pop... 45 minutes in line to get out. Panic mode hoarding and Christmas all in one. 4' of snow and 90K winds are forecast for the weekend! Only good in it all, just below the freezing mark and not 40 below!

we've got idiots around here that crash when the fall rains blow leaves on the road. And they forget how to drive every summer, and it's like the first time that've
ever seen snow.

Same down here. You get the panic shoppers the day before. Then next day ice, then you get the liquor store shoppers. Then 9 months later a baby boom
Here it's the "tourons" from NY & NJ. We call them the french toasters, they all rush to the store and buy 2 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, and 2 loaves of bread. Then end up living on French toast for a week.:rofl:

Here it's the "tourons" from NY & NJ. We call them the french toasters, they all rush to the store and buy 2 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, and 2 loaves of bread. Then end up living on French toast for a week.:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

Living in California I can think of MANY reasons to want to leave the state.
The weather isn’t one of them.
Had a light rare snowstorm once about 25 years ago

Auto Transport Service
Back