• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil heat gurus

The high limit switch you drew a box around is already wired in. The new control he bought is a replacement for what he had. I will say it one more time and am then I'm out. In the box with the new control will be a red wire. Stab the one end to "limit" on the back of the control. Wirenut this red to the black "L1" wire and the black power wire. Don, you are making this way to difficult. No need to rewire anything....
You're correct, sorry for generating confusion.

Do we have heat yet? I've been reading this so long I need a shave!:poke:

Really, sorry for your troubles. I just call the boiler guru, he lives about a half mile down the road.
Pay him in cash- good discount and always a tip. He's never failed me, but he's also 76 yrs old.
Say the word and I'll bring a cord of wood:lol:

When it starts does it act if it has extra fuel in the chamber,if not serviced in a while replace nozzle and adjust the eletrodes if needed.You can check the arch on the transformer to see if it seems to be strong enough. The primary control sometimes do act Sporadic sometimes when going bad and the cad cell is not a expensive part to replace.

Glad you fixed it my heater F'd up last week. I came home and my wife said no hot water. I was like great what now... Went down and it showed a low pressure shut down. So I said a few weeks ago from shutting off and on our well cause of a leaking pipe probably clogged the filter. Sure enough it stirred the well up enough to clog it. Put a new filter in and fired it up. It was fine and has been fine since. First time that ever happened.

Glad you got it running. Did you replace the nozzle, clean and set the points, and check the air setting while you had it apart? From one of your first posts you mentioned the cell was sooted up, and it shouldn't be. What was causing the other 2 glitches you were experiencing?

8ekm0x.jpg

Glad it's fixed, are you now a guru?

:lol:

Glad you got it running. Did you replace the nozzle, clean and set the points, and check the air setting while you had it apart? From one of your first posts you mentioned the cell was sooted up, and it shouldn't be. What was causing the other 2 glitches you were experiencing?

the flame eye didn't have soot on it..... just a thin film of dust that wiped off with my pinky tip

everything was surprisingly clean...... so I left it all for another day

apparently, the controller was the issue...... one of other issues was within the "set up", I figured that out right away

the other issue was me putting one wire on the wrong tab (couldn't keep my hands off the circuit board)...... I was cold, dammit

anyway........ my booklet makes no mention of your jumper wire trick; But I knew to trust your expertise....... thanks again, also special thanks to @Don Frelier who assisted in talking me off the ledge.......

I was close to goin' potal :D

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back