• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pressure light question

41AEFB78-E07A-4ECE-8049-46D5DF2E54CC.jpeg
SUCCESS!!! After 4 nights of pain and suffering in the cold, on a wet driveway, under the car, I removed the drag link and oil pan, I cleaned the pickup tube and replaced the oil pump. Cranked it up this morning and behold the sweet oil pressure! All those noises are all gone. Thanks for all the advice. Now on to that leaking power steering gearbox ugh!

Hello Sonny, I was reading your thread since I have a similar low oil pressure issue. Question, what brand pump did you install? was it high volume or stock? thanks Chris

View attachment 559578 SUCCESS!!! After 4 nights of pain and suffering in the cold, on a wet driveway, under the car, I removed the drag link and oil pan, I cleaned the pickup tube and replaced the oil pump. Cranked it up this morning and behold the sweet oil pressure! All those noises are all gone. Thanks for all the advice. Now on to that leaking power steering gearbox ugh!
Steer and gear for the box

The typical oil pressure warning light switch is a normally closed contact configuration. Oil pressure above the calibration point, usually in 5 - 9 psi range, opens the switch contact and the indicator lamp is extinguished. Various manufacturers have different calibration points....usually +/- 2 psi. If you want closer turn on points, you may need to try several to find one with a narrow dead band.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back