• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay pretend you get to get a Hemi car, which one?

This one. I sat in it the day it came off the car carrier in the fall of 1969. I worked as long as I did on the off chance it would surface. Has been off the radar for the last 25 years. Possibly the last '69 Hemi Road Runner built. Number 305304.
buttmobile.jpg

When I want to buy, no one wants to sell, therefore even if I had a billion dollars I probably couldn't get my hands on my dream hemi car.
But if planets aligned and I had the funds, room in the garage and a willing seller, I think this one checks all the right boxes for me!

RT.JPG

This one. I sat in it the day it came off the car carrier in the fall of 1969. I worked as long as I did on the off chance it would surface. Has been off the radar for the last 25 years. Possibly the last '69 Hemi Road Runner built. Number 305304.
View attachment 1517740

About seven years ago my friend found a 69 Hemi Road Runner post car,4 speed, Dana rear axle and N96 Air Grabber hood. It was under a collapsed metal carport. It was in an ad on the local Craigslist, titled Junk Junk and more Junk! It proves that old saying one man's Junk is another man's treasure!

I've been lucky enough to have had a few already. I guess earlier in life the big two I wanted were a Hemi, 4 speed Daytona and a 70, 4 speed Hemicuda. I had the Hemicuda and it was a big disappointment. Don't really want a wing car anymore either. I think it would be another 71 Hemi B-body, I love both the 71 RR and the 71 R/T so it could be either. I find the 71 B's attractive and they drive best of any of the muscle era Mopars.

Runcharger2.jpg

When I want to buy, no one wants to sell, therefore even if I had a billion dollars I probably couldn't get my hands on my dream hemi car.
But if planets aligned and I had the funds, room in the garage and a willing seller, I think this one checks all the right boxes for me!

View attachment 1517754

I changed my mind, I'll take this one

I am not choose would take anything with a Hemi in it. Charger/Roadrunner or a Cuda. 69 on the charger or runner. Prefer 70 Cuda. Also, all four speed cars. Now is that being choose. LOL.

I've been lucky enough to have had a few already. I guess earlier in life the big two I wanted were a Hemi, 4 speed Daytona and a 70, 4 speed Hemicuda. I had the Hemicuda and it was a big disappointment. Don't really want a wing car anymore either. I think it would be another 71 Hemi B-body, I love both the 71 RR and the 71 R/T so it could be either. I find the 71 B's attractive and they drive best of any of the muscle era Mopars.

View attachment 1517758
I like the 71’s as well. But how do they drive better? Pretty much the same suspension and drivetrain. I don’t think the automatics had a rear anti-sway bar. The Dana’s certainly didn’t.

Wider track in the rear. Quieter inside with no vent windows. I didn't believe it either until I owned one. This was my 69 Hemi GTX, the 71 drove substantially better.

oldmopar3.jpg

If the rule is you can't sell? A black on black '68 Charger R/T 4-speed. If it's a car to flip? Probably one of the rare Cuda convertibles. Or a wing car. Which ever is sporting highest $$ at the time.

Back in 1978 at a junkyard in Massachusetts, there was a white 70 GTX,it was a recovered theft that someone robbed the whole driveline out of. It was white,with black side stripes,hood stripe,vynal top and interior. It was a 4 speed car,that said Hemi on the back of the air grabber hood. The drivers side vent window was smashed out and the ignition broken out. The Hemi engine, 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmission and Dana rear axle were missing and the rear bumper was sitting in the dirt. The price for the car was $250.00. I begged and borrowed from everyone I knew and by the time I got the money together the car had already been sold! That was my only shot at buying a Hemi car for $250.00. It was a cool car.

I have the one that I want now. Finally recovered from my pissy mood/gonna sell attitude that I had last week.

Auto Transport Service
Back