• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OLD SCHOOL PHOTO's

2 Birds and a 500

birds and 500 001.jpg

Birds and Drunks don't mix. The car was parked. That was a bad night.

Scotts Bird 001.jpg

When a drunk gets a Bird 001.jpg

some very cool pics guys!!! keep em coming, since i wasn't around when these were being taken i love looking at the pics to see kinda what it was like back in the day ya know, i've spent countless hours looking through old pics my dad took in the late 70's and early 80's

some very cool pics guys!!! keep em coming, since i wasn't around when these were being taken i love looking at the pics to see kinda what it was like back in the day ya know, i've spent countless hours looking through old pics my dad took in the late 70's and early 80's

Wow, now I feel old. I didn't realize it was THE DAY when I was there....

This is my step son at age 4 showing off my first Satellite he's 13 now..you do the math :)

driver side.jpg

driver side.jpg

Good picture you lucky "Birdman".
Is that newer car in the driveway a Bonneville or a Catalina?

Old School

My very First Mopar as i bought it! 69 Super Bee
I think in 73.The rest is the after of what i owned The Super Bee got me Hooked!

Attachments

• Willie & MY 1969 Dodge Super Bee Aug 1973 Recroped.jpg
    Willie & MY 1969 Dodge Super Bee Aug 1973 Recroped.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Lil Jesse& 69 Road Runner.jpg
    Lil Jesse& 69 Road Runner.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 983
  • lil Jesse on 69 440 Road runner.jpg
    lil Jesse on 69 440 Road runner.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Blue 1970 Road runner.jpg
    Blue 1970 Road runner.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Red 1968 Road runner.jpg
    Red 1968 Road runner.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 1969 Roadrunner.jpg
    1969 Roadrunner.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 69 super bee.jpg
    69 super bee.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,033
Summer of 69.....

I spent most of my summer in 1969 crewing for a friend who campained a 1969 street hemi Super Bee in SS/E class. Wally Booth landed a local Dodge dealer sponsership and the Super Bee was built from a brand new car in his garage in Lincoln Park. It was easy to find.... Parked in the street was my A12 runner, another crew members 68 Hemi Runner, my brothers 68 Charger R/T and the 69 Monaco wagon tow car and drag star trailer.

Wally And Dick Arons had started Diamond engines in Detroit, (still doing business), and Dicky campained two SS Cameros... One driven by him and the other by Gordy Foust. We traveled together to NHRA national events at Indy Raceway Park and York US30 Dragway that summer as well as many weekends at Detroit Dragway and Mylan Dragway Michigan. What a great time that was...!!!

Here are a few pictures I shot that summer.

wally's dodge (Medium).jpg al and wally staged (Medium).jpg dick arons & camaro (Medium).JPG caravan (Medium).jpg indy start line (Medium).jpg

I agree these are just priceless love all the polyester , big colors & Vintage photos. Superbird in the trailer park under a foot of snow would have my vote for BEST over all .JUST Priceless . Never again will a working class man be able to afford performance cars like that ever again ??? Thoose days are long gone !! Thanks Alot guys

Some of my mopars over the years

Attachments

• 76dodge.JPG
    76dodge.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 961
  • 70coronet.JPG
    70coronet.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 970
  • 69dddart.jpg
    69dddart.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 968
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 946
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 938
My present one.

Attachments

• coronet louvers (3) (Custom).jpg
    coronet louvers (3) (Custom).jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 950
I agree these are just priceless love all the polyester , big colors & Vintage photos. Superbird in the trailer park under a foot of snow would have my vote for BEST over all .JUST Priceless . Never again will a working class man be able to afford performance cars like that ever again ??? Thoose days are long gone !! Thanks Alot guys

I agree Rowdy i just enjoy all the older pics as i never even thought about trying to keep my car out of the snow as i drove mine every winter!

I post this for you Gary, thank for the momories

That’s me in 1970 at New York National Speedway in Long Island. My friend Gary Barbarisa owned the 1969 Road Runner in the photo. I was his pit man for about 3 years; I would change out carbs so we could race in the 2 and 4 barrel classes. The experience was stayed with me and I’ll ways be grateful for the opportunity. He bought the car for about $3,500 in early 69, back then that kind of money was incomprehensible to me and so out of reach. The best I could do was being a pit man for my buddy Gary back then. Today I have my own 1969 Road Runner that comes with goose bumps and great memories every time start it up and drive it. I post this for a good friend Gary, life is good.

Attachments

• Frank 1970.jpg
    Frank 1970.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 860
  • PICT1507.jpg
    PICT1507.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 894
  • 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 885
  • PICT1509.jpg
    PICT1509.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 869
Very enjoyable looking through this thread on a lazy HOT as HELL TX Sunday, too hot to do anything; 105 right now, and it's not even 1pm yet. I like the old pics of the Superbird and the funky painted Charger!

I love these old cars as much as the next guy but I guess you have not kept up on the latest NEW cars available. Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. All rear wheel drive and available with a varity of engines that will compete with the factory engines of back in the day.

We now have 6 cylinders with 300 h.p. and 6 liter engines with 450 h.p. from the factory. The only real differences are that many of these cars have traction control and varible timing that limits the tire ripping power that the old torque monsters had. The up side is that it puts more USEABLE power to the road making for a faster car.

When you do the math of what the working man was making back in the day and what the cars cost then verses today, it is about the same.

You can buy one of the above cars and drive it daily, take it to the track on the weekends, gets better mileage then the old cars, more comfort, more luxury items and have factory warranty.

The way that I see it, things have come full circle back to the 60s plus.

This has actually hurt the old car market because today you can have all of the above PLUS any new car nealership will finance these cars where it is much more difficult to do on the old cars.

I love these old cars as much as the next guy but I guess you have not kept up on the latest NEW cars available. Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. All rear wheel drive and available with a varity of engines that will compete with the factory engines of back in the day.

We now have 6 cylinders with 300 h.p. and 6 liter engines with 450 h.p. from the factory. The only real differences are that many of these cars have traction control and varible timing that limits the tire ripping power that the old torque monsters had. The up side is that it puts more USEABLE power to the road making for a faster car.

When you do the math of what the working man was making back in the day and what the cars cost then verses today, it is about the same.

You can buy one of the above cars and drive it daily, take it to the track on the weekends, gets better mileage then the old cars, more comfort, more luxury items and have factory warranty.

The way that I see it, things have come full circle back to the 60s plus.

This has actually hurt the old car market because today you can have all of the above PLUS any new car nealership will finance these cars where it is much more difficult to do on the old cars.

I must agree!
KID

Auto Transport Service
Back