• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions wanted of the ballpark value on this 73 B5 in/out A57 400 #'s car

JG71B

Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Numbers matching A57 Ralley, 400 hp, b5 in/out. 1 repaint. 88,000 miles. I actually owned this car 25+yrs ago. It is up for sale at 25k. I know things are only worth what people will pay. But, I'm looking for a ballpark figure. Runs and drives just as good if not better than when I sold it in '98. Had 85k on it when I sold it, has 88k on it now. My wife wants it after driving it again all these years later. It has 440 badges and air cleaner decal on it from me back then, planned to put a 440 in it but never did. Badges stayed put. Hasn't been driven really and a lot of things I did to it are still present.
Opinions?
IMG_20240507_144939.jpg
IMG_20240507_144944.jpg
IMG_20240507_144948.jpg
IMG_20240506_163818.jpg
IMG_20240506_163814.jpg
IMG_20240506_155920.jpg
IMG_20240506_155916.jpg

Your wife wants it, usually that's the end of the story.

Last edited:
For sale at $25k, they will probably take $22K? If you like 3rd gen Chargers, I think that's reasonable for an 88k car that you know the history of.

Nice looking car, I would say $20-23K but thats from just looking at pics. Since you have some sentimental value with it, Id say offer $22.5 but be prepared to pay the $25

Nice looking car, I would say $20-23K but thats from just looking at pics. Since you have some sentimental value with it, Id say offer $22.5 but be prepared to pay the $25
It's AS nice in person as the pics....rust free SC car

The price of everything is stupid anymore, you can be into something $10k for very minor changes and corrections. If the car is truly ready to roll the way you want it, where else will you get to that point for $22-25k?

He is fair with the asking price for a nice big block car. Get it for 20-23 and your doing good.

It's AS nice in person as the pics....rust free SC car
Rust free car and your wife wants it back??? No brainer.....that is if you are sure your wife really loves you :D

Rust free car and your wife wants it back??? No brainer.....that is if you are sure your wife really loves you :D
Well, she's delt with my *** for 30yrs so.....

The price of everything is stupid anymore, you can be into something $10k for very minor changes and corrections. If the car is truly ready to roll the way you want it, where else will you get to that point for $22-25k?
Not a chance! Prices are stupid everything as you said. Those days are long gone! Always in the market buying and selling these turds through the years and you won't come close to this for 10k. Body (with a clean body) and paint will cost about 15-20k and nothing that cheap won't NOT need interior etc.

I would buy it. Offer 22.5 but be prepared to pay the asking price. Wish it had the bucket seats. Wife loves it, get it. You might get it at 22.5. Do have a pic of the fender tag? Just curious.

Beautiful! Buy it!! My first car was a 73 400 Charger. Non Rallye but with buckets and console.Mine was flat hood and had Rallye wheels. I would probably trade/sell my big block duster to find one just like it in this condition.

Not a chance! Prices are stupid everything as you said. Those days are long gone! Always in the market buying and selling these turds through the years and you won't come close to this for 10k. Body (with a clean body) and paint will cost about 15-20k and nothing that cheap won't NOT need interior etc.
Yes I meant even a "pretty good car" can need $10k in stuff pretty quick these days

Auto Transport Service
Back