• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordered Slicks/Rims

I run Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slick. I have actually been driving on the street with them for over a year. The letters stayed pretty clean. And mine hold air great without tubes. They held all winter without leaking down any. Ron

100_1209.jpg

I think I need the same size on my 67 as you have.
I put the 11.5 Hoosiers on my car only to find they're just too wide! Does your slick have the two grooves "tread" cut around the entire tire "DOT"?
Thanks...

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 139
I think I need the same size on my 67 as you have.
I put the 11.5 Hoosiers on my car only to find they're just too wide! Does your slick have the two grooves "tread" cut around the entire tire "DOT"?
Thanks...

FWIW- if the front of your wheelwell isn't cut you won't fit the 9 x 30 tire.
I have completely stock openings and the M/T 9 x 28 slick or the M/T ET Street 11.50 x 28- with the grooves (DOT approved) fit and work perfectly on my 67 Belvedere.

Attachments

• atco wheelie resize.jpg
    atco wheelie resize.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 145
I weighed the other rims/tires. They are only 5 lbs per side lighter. Problem is I am using the 8 ply M/T's on the front. I was going to use the car for street driving so that is why I went with those. I am thinking about selling them and getting a set of front runners. That would be 13 lbs less per side then.

I weighed the other rims/tires. They are only 5 lbs per side lighter. Problem is I am using the 8 ply M/T's on the front. I was going to use the car for street driving so that is why I went with those. I am thinking about selling them and getting a set of front runners. That would be 13 lbs less per side then.

The loss of 1lbs of rotating weight = 9 lbs of dead weight.

My wheelwell's are stock as they have never been cut. I did install a 65 B-body rear but thars all. I am using the 30 x 9 slicks with no tread groves. I wanted a drag radial with two groves but no one makes a drag radial in the 30 x 9 size which is what I like to run so for now I use the slicks. Ron

cecilriteaidamish2009004cecil3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back