• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patch panel - what next?

Making progress - slowly but surely!

A48F5196-29E8-4E21-B9B6-C4779778D36C.jpeg

Time to weld pin holes and low areas, grind, then some evercoat Everglass short strand, then rage ultra, then some dolphin glaze and onto primer!

C7F74C98-E1E3-424B-8E7E-D33216C11905.jpeg

Getting ready to do this on my car, kinda freaked out by it :) Doing all the spots people can't see first to get practice in :)

I'd seal that first with a good epoxy primer and then a fibrglass reinforced filler or just a quality filler,
Primer before filler? i thought the filler went on the metal itself? (trying to figure out the proper process is all..)

Primer before filler? i thought the filler went on the metal itself? (trying to figure out the proper process is all..)

THere are till some body guys that put the filler directly to CLEAN metal. Since epoxy sticsk to anything and is also great sealer, I venture to say, most modern guys will appy the epoxy primr, and filler over that. Remember filler tend to absorb moistirem it the nature of it.

THere are till some body guys that put the filler directly to CLEAN metal. Since epoxy sticsk to anything and is also great sealer, I venture to say, most modern guys will appy the epoxy primr, and filler over that. Remember filler tend to absorb moistirem it the nature of it.
thank you :)

A lot of this metal rusts from the inside. You can DA the outside where there are pin holes and I will bet the inside metal has rusted very thin!!

Still got some pin holes to fill with the Rage and Dolphin Glaze. Sand, sand, and sand again but getting better each time.

942E7E00-14B7-4787-8768-6311B991FE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back