• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Performer vs performer RPM

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
With Black Friday/cyber Monday coming up I'm hoping to do some parts shopping. I know I've brought up the topic of intake/carb combos before but I'm having trouble deciding between the Edelbrock performer or the performer rpm intake. I have a 383 stock bore, mild cam, 906 heads, 4 speed tranny, 3.91 gears, with a tall 29" tire. After much debate I chose the Holley 650 ultra double pumper. This engine will never see above 5500rpm so should I be going with the performer which apparently is best from idle to 5500? Lately I have read that the rpm is far superior. Has anyone compared the two with any kind of similar situation/set up?

Thanks!
-Steve

The RPM is a true high rise dual plane. You'll also have to replace your kickdown linkage and return spring brackets as well as your air cleaner element.
Something to consider.

The RPM is a true high rise dual plane. You'll also have to replace your kickdown linkage and return spring brackets as well as your air cleaner element.
Something to consider.

Sorry for my ignorance here but high rise are more for the track correct? Or is it simply for more atomization/cooler temps?

Click on the link in post #2. There is a video at the top that will answer your question.

in the end of the day, the RPM is the best for overall performance. but as stated above, you will need a dropped base air cleaner, and you will have to mess with all the linkages.

my car is a 4sp so that takes alot of drama away.

the RPM is a manifold that will leave you alot of room if you go to a stroker later in the future.
and you can have it ported for even more gains.

it will go well with the carb you have.

http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/4portedintakemanifoldsupdated08272007.php

Sorry for my ignorance here but high rise are more for the track correct? Or is it simply for more atomization/cooler temps?
This intake would be right at home on the track and the longer runners do well to atomize the fuel air mixture. I'd say the runners are twice the length of the M1 I had on there previously.

Auto Transport Service
Back