• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitman arm sizes

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
is there a cut of date ie when mopar used the 1 1/8 sector and switched to the 1 1/4 size?
Want to add a borgeson power steering kit to a 66 coronet .

Should be 1 1/8 but you should double check it. I didn't and ordered the small kit for my 67 and someone had converted it to 1 1/4.

1972 should have the 1 1/8, 1973 1 1/4.

The reason you should measure because I have a 71 Cuda that had the 1 1/8 and I converted to the 1 1/4 when I went with a rebuilt original style P/S box, so I knew what I had when I went for the Borgenson box. Believe me it is worth the conversion to the Borgenson.

The reason you should measure because I have a 71 Cuda that had the 1 1/8 and I converted to the 1 1/4 when I went with a rebuilt original style P/S box, so I knew what I had when I went for the Borgenson box. Believe me it is worth the conversion to the Borgenson.
I've installed their products in the past. So much better than having a 50 year old box rebuilt, and still be loose and vague.

Last edited:
I just changed over to a Firm Feel and had to change pitman to fit. Not a big deal but had to wait a bit to put all back together! Thinking it’s done in one night the hitting that issue, bit of letdown.

Measure for sure, and double check just to make sure!

Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back