• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playing the b5 blues with a b5 blue beep beep!

moparjohnny

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
69 plymouth trunk.jpgladies and gentlemen i am dragging you along with me on this blue trip,so lets buckle up and get our hands dirty,scratched,cut,burned,and you all know the routine and aches and pain,frustrations,i took delivery of this 69 roadrunner on aug 10,2014 i bought it off of ebay from a gentlemen in alabama he shared a nightmare story with me when he took this car into a body shop in alabama for restorations that i want name,he supplied all the parts,qtr skins,trunk pan,floor pans,body shop changed owners while under restoration and between the two owners and their body shop workers they made a first class mess out this car,but good thing i can fix it and do most of the work my self from what i have learned from this board,you will see pics of before body shop and after body shop.this is my second 69 roadrunner.69 PLYMOUTH PASSENGER SIDE.jpg69 383 alabama.jpg car came with a complete 383 eng and a 833 trans,fender tag,vin plate,eng and trans do not match car,but vin matches radiator and trunk numbers.more pics and details to come, i will start with this b5 blues project by removing a messed up trunk pan,you are talking about a fred flintstone job,pics are coming.this car is a original b5 and a factory 4 speed car,power steering,bench seat,lynch road plant.the previous owner after going to check on car and seeing the awful body work they did,he decided to get it and take it back home and he was disgusted and disappointed in the shop to the point that he decided to sell it as is after all the money he had put in it,he said he had lost trust in the shop,he never said to me but i will assume there was a shouting match some where along the way after they messed up the body work,but anyway i saw it and looked it over and i saw what he saw and said i can redo that stuff they messed up,overall the car is solid,rails,rockers are all good and the floor pans they put in is good, just a little tlc with the foot pans that need to be finished welding in some spots the quarter skins are not installed correctly so they will come off i can do that,trunk you will see the butcher job on that in the pics,i can install it and lower rear cross member and the lower tail light panel i have done before,but there are parts that will need doing or redoing with front end like inner fenders on both sides,so drop by from time to time if you see me doing something wrong i welcome your advice and any information is helpful and will be accepted i know there is a lot of pros on this site,and i am just a 3 year rookie,plenty to come.

Attachments

• driver side 69 alabama.jpg
    driver side 69 alabama.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 746
  • alabama 69.jpg
    alabama 69.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
get the vise grips out!

i have several pairs of those ready to go. 69 gtx

Last edited:
thanks for popcorn basket i will probably need a soda pop as well.

Orange Crush or Coke.....I've got plenty, mine's still not done.

orange crush is my favorite thanks very much.

thanks, there is some hard work ahead but i am confident and willing to finish this car and make it a factory restoration.

- - - Updated - - -

here are a few more pics of b5 as the floor pans was installed by body shop before purchase still need some spot welding done on it and the foot pans,underseat pan is solid just need media blasted as the whole floor will be done much later.four speed hump needs some work done.IMG_1134.jpgIMG_1136.jpgIMG_1145.jpg

Nice score, looks pretty nice. I often wonder how people take on these jobs knowing it's beyond there abilities and in the process screw people over. Enjoy

Nice project!..I gotta ask. What size slots are those in the front? I've been looking for a small set for upfront

yeah that's mine when it was still yellow. Now headed back to F8, hopefully in the spring. rather fond of the post cars myself.
414.jpg

Nice project!..I gotta ask. What size slots are those in the front? I've been looking for a small set for upfront
steve they are 14 inch,i have been following your build and you are doing a great job,taking time to do all your work the right way keep on working.

Auto Transport Service
Back