• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playing the b5 blues with a b5 blue beep beep!

Johnny You got a winner there, and the color and looks of the car coupled with the obvious attitude of winning this GONNA be cool bud!!! Good luck in the adventure :)

Nice score, looks pretty nice. I often wonder how people take on these jobs knowing it's beyond there abilities and in the process screw people over. Enjoy
thanks, i agree with you, the previous owner did not know how to do the work himself and he had put a lot of money into the car and the body shop lied to him about what they could do.you will see some pics of the shoddy job they did soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnny You got a winner there, and the color and looks of the car coupled with the obvious attitude of winning this GONNA be cool bud!!! Good luck in the adventure :)
thanks ron,its people like you that has inspired me to get into trying to do what you and others are doing here,your attitude and always willing to help with advice and encouragement is down right contagious and i thank you,i am watching your build as well.

Thank you sir, any encouragement is welcome, were never to old to learn, im close to 60, and welcome advice like I should have listened to when my grandpa tried to give it and all i wanted to talk about was girls and cars, now its cars and "A" girl... :) maybe i am getting old, (insert growl here). :) But any advice ya have please lay it on me!

my agenda with this car is to put it back to factory apperarence b5 blue is my favorite mopar color,the eng 383 will have a few mods such as elderbrock low plane aluminum intake painted factory orange,a mp 528 solid lifter cam that is enough cam for me and my needs,headers,distributor will have a pertronix set up,and a electronic voltage regulator,i do not like the electronic boxes,a higher amp alternator and mini starter.all new wring harnesses under hood and dash,new bulk head and connectors,b5 came with v21 on fender tag hood treatment and that will stay,also a few other little goodies such as a trunk light,map light,ash tray light and power steering. and adding my beloved magnum 500 15x7 wheels with bf goodrich tires 275x60 in the rear.so that is my road map and now i will start the b5 journey.

Good map! I laid one out to but have had a few detours :icon_winkle:

Good map! I laid one out to but have had a few detours :icon_winkle:
you are correct 69 gtx i do expect some,but i expect me to work my way around them as best i can.

Hi johnny glad to see that you finally posted your car. It looks like a solid project even with the previous bodywork. I'm sure you'll have the bird whipped into shape in no time now get back to work LOL.

Oh just hit me for a personal plate, B5 B4U

Hi johnny glad to see that you finally posted your car. It looks like a solid project even with the previous bodywork. I'm sure you'll have the bird whipped into shape in no time now get back to work LOL.
hi john,after watching so many threads and reading about mopar restorations and still following your build,watching videos,plus i had another 69 before this one,i used it for a training lesson,removing parts and spot welds and doing some welding on it i learned alot and gained some valuable experience and i screwed up some as well,but i learned to go back and redo some things,it helped me big time,luckily this car is farther along and better than my first and that is a blessing,but still needs work,you are coming along in grand style with your coronet,i keep telling you restoration is in your blood,taking time to do things right.you are a inspiration to all of us here and appreciate you sharing your experience and insight on what you are doing,i hope my rebuild turns out half as good as yours then i will be happy.now i must get back to work seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh just hit me for a personal plate, B5 B4U
hey thats cool, i like that.i like to see your 69 gtx.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool looking project Johnny. Looking forward to following your build!
thanks prop,i learned a lot from your thread and all the information you gave us on how you rebuilt your car,i must have been over your thread at least 4 times from start to finish this year alone,i hope my car can turn out half as good as skeletor,i would consider my self blessed.oh ya and i love that video and that stroker sound.

Mines in the shop getting ready for some B5 also. Check my thread for updates, color coming soon!

Mines in the shop getting ready for some B5 also. Check my thread for updates, color coming soon!
i viewed your entire thread today and i am impressed with your work,that is going to be a beautiful car when you are done with it,you are a skillful young man.may i ask what was wrong with the ppg b5 blue paint?

Nothing wrong with the PPG, my guy just wanted to Sikkens, so I bought a pint of the PPG so the could match as Sikkens doesn't have a blend for it. Wish I was young! Just turned 53 last week, 21 @ heart though :headbang:

Nothing wrong with the PPG, my guy just wanted to Sikkens, so I bought a pint of the PPG so the could match as Sikkens doesn't have a blend for it. Wish I was young! Just turned 53 last week, 21 @ heart though :headbang:

Getting ready for 59, heart set at 18, just aint givin up on 18! but i know what ya mean!!! :)

here are a few more pics of b5 after body shop. IMG_1267.jpgIMG_1268.jpg,these are quarter panel pics,IMG_1270.jpg this is a roof shot,IMG_1271.jpg the body shop left this gash on top of the cowl.

- - - Updated - - -

here a few more pics of b5 after the body shop work.notice the large spot welds and most of them was misaligned underneath the pan there some spot welds on frame rails and there was a lot of places that did not have any at all,and you might be able to pick up the home made trunk drop offs,better pics to come on those little brain storms to come later.IMG_1159.jpgIMG_1160.jpg as you can see the lower crossmember and lower trunk light panel will have to be removed and replace.IMG_1155.jpgIMG_1156.jpgnow this is where i will start, the trunk pan,as you can see the body shop installed the new pan over the existing pan at the back,they removed all the old pan except the top part of rear you can see where they did all that super fantastic welding at the back,there was no provisions for gas tank straps at all,none of those spot welds had any grinding down on them that includes the floor pan as well,they just left them like that.IMG_1158.jpg this is where my work will began i will post the trunk removal progress and i know you guys have seen plenty of those, this will be my second one for removal,but it will be much easier this time,but the same old butt kicking process,but this time i will be doing the butt kicking.

I bet im not alone trying to figure why some do the things they do, This mess is bound to lead you into crap i imagine you wished you could keep from but im sure you'll get it done, you said this isint the first time which ill bet helps!
The mess i had to contend with getting started with frame rails and all was a nightmare for me, but all we have to do is stay focused!!! Good luck buddy!

- - - Updated - - -

That trunk pan really looks like they butchered it and then tried to make it look right, They didn't even cut it in a straight line, wow...

ron,i agree some people in this new world,will take your money and give you bull crap like that and laugh at you,with no shame or remorse.but i am focused and ready for the challenge,i love working on these old cars,i will straightened this one out.working on previous roadrunner i have seen the good,the bad,and the ugly.i will put my challenge cap on and start kicking some roadrunner butt.

steve they are 14 inch,i have been following your build and you are doing a great job,taking time to do all your work the right way keep on working.

Thanks man. Have you seen the slots I got for the rear? I'm in love with them hahaha!
image.jpg
I'm looking for a 15x4.5 or 3.5 for the front.. Hoping a set will pop up on clist sometime soon!!.. What's your wheel plans for this car?

those are cool man,i think mopars look the best with some meat on them,my plans for wheels and tires are the magnum 500 245x60x15 front and 275x60x15 in the rear. i wish we had a junk yard like what you have in cali,down here in ga you will never find anything like what you have in your salvage yards.our yards if there are cars like what you have it will last about one day and after that car is a skeleton,keep on working steve.

Thanks man. Have you seen the slots I got for the rear? I'm in love with them hahaha!
View attachment 217326
I'm looking for a 15x4.5 or 3.5 for the front.. Hoping a set will pop up on clist sometime soon!!.. What's your wheel plans for this car?

The last ones i had like that were all aluminum, Yours shines like chrome! Good looking wheels!!! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back