• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plug wire connection difficulty!

Dip the end into very hot water, (as if it were hot for coffee or tea ) for a couple minutes. Quickly: Remove, dry, and blow it out. Spray WD-40 inside. Insert over plug tip and snap into place.

I tried those too. Just not quite the right angle. Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I think after performing the hot valve lash I will work each connector a dozen times with a spare plug to relax the spring tension and cross my fingers!
Mike

Outside the box, you could take a few thousandths off the plug diameter.

I had the same issue ( same aging restrictions) and... I had a young guy come over and help! Done in like 5 minutes. Seems to be the way forward for me all too often. It stings.

My MOROSO wires have a lot of tension on the plug boot terminals, they’re also difficult to clip on the plug. But once they are on they’re on to stay…

Well, I tried the advice to machine off a couple thousands on the plug terminal (boy are spark plugs non concentric) and cleaned out the wire ends and used spray silicone on a Q-tip to lube the plug boots. I connected all but #6 by hand and got #6 with my 460 Channel locks (jaws taped up). So I have a METHOD! Thanks for the ideas fellas!
Mike

I have resorted to taking the plug out, putting it in the vice and putting the wire on just to make sure it will snap on. Gives me the confidence that it will happen, pre stretches also.

had the same problem...finally gave up and bought a pair of spark plug boot pliers.
1700757384811.png

On this issue, I find it much easier from the bottom! Sorry, I know this is an old post ! But this is what old Guys do! Read old Posts! Good luck !

On this issue, I find it much easier from the bottom! Sorry, I know this is an old post ! But this is what old Guys do! Read old Posts! Good luck !
I do 2 and 4 from below but 6 and 8 must be done from the top. 2 1/8" header tubes require a lot of engine compartment real-estate.
Mike

I have always used spray silicone. This is also the reason that when asked, small block or big block in my A Body (except Hemi) I say small block stroker. I can change all of my spark plugs in well under 5 minutes if I were in a hurry, but you all ready know that. Think that you have it worked out by now.

I have always used spray silicone. This is also the reason that when asked, small block or big block in my A Body (except Hemi) I say small block stroker. I can change all of my spark plugs in well under 5 minutes if I were in a hurry, but you all ready know that. Think that you have it worked out by now.
5 Minutes...for all 8?!?!? It takes me 10 minutes just to find the right tools!

I feel your pain....4 and 6 are a real b!tch.

Auto Transport Service
Back