• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poduction Sequence Number

paytonpl3

Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Is there any way of finding out a production sequence number that is on a fender tag?

This is from a 1971 MOPAR (See Below)
Do you have the Broadcast sheet?
I'm sure the production sequence number is listed on the Broadcast sheet.

The production sequence is on bottom line:

V21 - Hood performance treatment
V9W - Longitudinal Stripes - White
26 - 26" radiator
EN1 - End of tag
N41 - Dual Exhaust
N42 - Chrome exhaust tips
N76 - Coolant recovery system
R21 - AM/FM radio
V08 - paint/vinyl roof edit waiver
637 -
036 -
H51 - AC w/heater
J54 - Sport Hood
M21 - drip through mouldings
M52 - Manual sunroof
V4W - white Canopy Vinyl roof
U - US specs
A88 - Interior decor group
B41 - power front disc brakes
C16 - console
C56 - bucket seats
EE5 - Paint code
F6L3 - Trim grade - F, Trim Style - Vinyl Buckets, Trim Color - Parchment
000 - Upper interior door color - full door panel
326 - Scheduled production date (March 26 1973)
410732 - Vehicle Order Number (VON)
E55 -340 4bbl (240 HP)
D34 -TF Automatic
LM29 - Dart Sport, 2 door hardtop
H3B - 340 4bbl, 1973, Hamtramck MI
405228 - Sequence number

I was told that it is on the fender tag right after the production date,

It is. But it should match the last digits of the VIN as far as I know. My son's '72 Sat doesn't have a fender tag or build sheet so I can't confirm.

I was told that it is on the fender tag right after the production date,

It depends on the year of the car and sometimes the plant. The Sales order (SO), Vehicle order number (VON) or VIN could folow the scheduled production date. Without knowing what year we are talking about, we won't be able to give an accurate answer.

A production sequence number, a SO/VON and a VIN are three different things. What are you trying to determine?

When asking questions, it's helpful to include the year, make and model. Not all of us know what everyone owns.

its a 69 dodge coronet rt.

Then the question becomes from which plant? STL (G) Lynch Road (A) or LA (E)

WS23L9?

Again, do you want the VIN or the VON?

If its LR built car the VON will follow the SPD on the bottom line and the VIN will follow the 9A on the top line. If it's a LA or STL built car, then the VIN will follow the SPD on the bottom line and the VON will be above the VIN on the second line from the bottm.

WS23L9E What I am looking for is on the fender tag 2nd line from the bottom, following the production date is a 6 digit number. Some told me that this is the order code number, however I don't know what its called. However all of the fender tags on a 69 rt are different than the last 6 digits of the VIN number.

WS23L9E What I am looking for is on the fender tag 2nd line from the bottom, following the production date is a 6 digit number. Some told me that this is the order code number, however I don't know what its called. However all of the fender tags on a 69 rt are different than the last 6 digits of the VIN number.

The last six digits of the bottom line should be your VIN. The six numbers above the VIN are the Vehicle Order Number (VON). This is a number that was used to identify the car before the VIN was assigned and used to help track the order from the dealer through the production and delivery of the car.

The VON has nothing to do with production sequence (the order the cars were built). It was used for ordering and tracking the sale of the car through the dealer.

OK does that mean there is no way to retrive this VON number?

The VON would be found on the order blank, shipping order, invoice, window sticker, broadcast sheet, tag or IBM inspection card. If you do not have any of those, then it is virtually impossible to determne the VON.

Auto Transport Service
Back