• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

1st gear. A 4.10 with a 31" is almost identical to a 3.73 with a 28". Heres a slip with the car backed off to run 9.25 index with a 4.10 and a 31". Lighter, yes, less power yes
Doug

View attachment 528830

20171018_071950.jpg

Last edited:
I want to grab that 8 second slip and breach 150 MPH next week.Looking foward to the waving finger in my face ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU CAN"T DO THAT!!! LMOL

Atco was a shitshow and I only made one run with the street tune,spun and went 9.7 @ 144.So I didn't get into the 8 second club,,,,,,yet.4 # boost was 9.7 @ 14o,,,,,6 # was 9.3 @ 147. I'm confident 8 #s will get me in the 8's.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's
Welllllllllll this was my 9 sec car not a mopar abut a second cousin beings Mopar bought Jeep and Willys were Jeeps (yeh I know-far reach) So I had a 42 Willys BUT it was 426 hemi powered-that has to count for something a basic stock head 426 hilborn port injection, Accell duel point distributor **(best battery ignition ever- in the 70's.) clutch flite trans and 2400 lbs. the killer part of the engine was the Crane RR296 Cam at .750 lift intake and exhaust. previous cams were OK but the car was a low 11 sec performer.
this is era 1974-1977, I ran only pump gas from any station I happen to pass on the way to Sacramento raceway. after installing the RR296 the car went immediately into the mid 9's running 9.60's at 145. it had a Dana 60 ,5.13 gears with Ladder bars and coil overs suspension on rear stock willys axle in front.,firestone 14 32 x15W 9N compound. I built the entire chassis and engine, including headers-building the cars is the fun part for me. I raced in a class called pro gas that had a 9.60 minimum the car easily ran 9.60s launching at 3500RPM. no need to beat it up, ran that engine for 3 years with no damage. April 17 1977 I was making a test run for the afternoon race ,noted my seatbelts and shoulder harnesses were very loose, I took them off ,then put them back on tighter than they had ever been,thought -if I crash now I'll be safe.(premonition?) I made my run when I pulled the chute it got tangled in the wheelie bars mad a hard left into a burm flipped in the air 6-7 times and came down on its bottom -minus the rear end but car totally destroyed. I was able to step out and was relatively unhurt- one broken finger 3 cracked ribs. any way it was Hemi powered and I loved it..the rear view launch was obviously before I had it repainted pearl white, with fresh paint the painter was going to trim it out in pearl blue, never got that far.

willys wreck 77.jpg willyschute.jpg willylaunch (2).jpg

Atco was a shitshow and I only made one run with the street tune,spun and went 9.7 @ 144.So I didn't get into the 8 second club,,,,,,yet.4 # boost was 9.7 @ 14o,,,,,6 # was 9.3 @ 147. I'm confident 8 #s will get me in the 8's.

WOW- thats all need be said..awesome car.

in 1996 i had a '62 Dart SS clone with all correct upper end-heads,cam,intake,carbs and SS exhaust. it wasn't extermely fast but it was also my daily driver. with 4.56's it ran 109@ 12.60s' ironically the same as my '63 SS ran when new after changing the factory 3.90's to 4.56 gears. this was also using 7" wide Bruce recap slicks. at the 1996 event (Mopar magic which I promoted and produced) it was fun, I took it to another even at the same track a couple months later- run by some snot nosed people from San Francisco -after getting one time run at 9 AM and still sitting in the staging lanes at 2 PM with no second run yet I decide I'm not going to do this -took it home, and got stupid and sold it.

62 dodge SS 001.JPG

in 1996 i had a '62 Dart SS clone with all correct upper end-heads,cam,intake,carbs and SS exhaust. it wasn't extermely fast but it was also my daily driver. with 4.56's it ran 109@ 12.60s' ironically the same as my '63 SS ran when new after changing the factory 3.90's to 4.56 gears. this was also using 7" wide Bruce recap slicks. at the 1996 event (Mopar magic which I promoted and produced) it was fun, I took it to another even at the same track a couple months later- run by some snot nosed people from San Francisco -after getting one time run at 9 AM and still sitting in the staging lanes at 2 PM with no second run yet I decide I'm not going to do this -took it home, and got stupid and sold it.

View attachment 566548
oops .sorry for posting in 9 second/quicker post.

This is about as shallow of a 9 as one can get.
But I did.

20180414_191643.jpg

You must be very happy!Congratz on the your new best:lowdown::lowdown: Time for the licence and all the fun stuff that comes to be legal.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yup,
I did nothing today but knock the rust off.
Ill have 2 tenths knocked off when the summer gets here.

Auto Transport Service
Back