• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

Timing Slip Best Time 1968 Charger '' The Sickness'' 9.98 sec 003.JPG.png

Joe34, thanks for sharing videos & time-slips
pretty fast for such a heavy car...

refresh our memory what's your combo ?, if you so desire to share

I'm & others here are always interested in faster cars combos

I like the stance too, love 68 Chargers, especially fast ones

My street heap has a best of 9.5's at almost 145 on pump gas.Fat *** is 3900 with me in the car.
Stock iron heads on a megablock with a 1071 BDS blower.It slowed to 9.6/9.7 and started puffin.
Engine at the spa getting the treatment.I'm adding an old set of Direct Connection aluminum heads
That Steve Sanchez played with.I'll get an 8 second slip this year.Not to shabby for a streeter beater:D

-38.jpg -39.jpg -40.jpg -41.jpg -42.jpg -44.jpg -45.jpg -46.jpg -47.jpg -48.jpg

:poke:Are you going to put that big girl on a diet ?
8's in a 3900# car is no joke, especially if with that weight...

I look forward to seeing the video & post when it happens too

good luck :thumbsup:

A wee bit of a diet.I should be able to shed well over 100 lbs off the nose:rolleyes:
Some of that is replacing the STOCK iron heads with a pair of Direct Connection Dart aluminum heads that are ported fueler heads done by Steve Sanchez:thumbsup: It's hilarious that it went 145 MPH:realcrazy: Now I have to install a chute:D

Well the weather was good tonight and it was also my 70th birthday so I needed to give myself something I haven't gotten yet. I realize if I did a 9 second pass I would only do it once. I was actually not intending to do it but I wanted to get close. I have been messing around with this package, motor, trans, diff for about 6 months since I blew my 440 last Nov. I recently made a few simple passes off idle and it hit a 10.01 and 10.04 so I knew the 9 second area was not far off but, I had no cert on my cage no diaper on my pan, no suit, etc. so I wanted not to go into the 9's just yet. I put on my EZPlate to slow it down some for all the right reasons. I came to race. Well it didn't turn out all that well or all that bad. I have a couple videos to put up but I need to convert the format from movi. to something else to get them to load. Anyway heres my time slip. (just a practice run mind you) but, it was my final run since I didn't have the plate I needed to slow it up.

IMG_06531.JPG

Last edited:
Well the weather was good tonight and it was also my 70th birthday so I needed to give myself something I haven't gotten yet. I realize if I did a 9 second pass I would only do it once. I was actually not intending to do it but I wanted to get close. I have been messing around with this package, motor, trans, diff for about 6 months since I blew my 440 last Nov. I recently made a few simple passes off idle and it hit a 10.01 and 10.04 so I knew the 9 second area was not far off but, I had no cert on my cage no diaper on my pan, no suit, etc. so I wanted not to go into the 9's just yet. I put on my EZPlate to slow it down some for all the right reasons. I came to race. Well it didn't turn out all that well or all that bad. I have a couple videos to put up but I need to convert the format from movi. to something else to get them to load. Anyway heres my time slip. (just a practice run mind you) but, it was my final run since I didn't have the plate I needed to slow it up.

View attachment 440909

Very cool, nice pass canyon
Congrats 9.90 @ 135.66 - it's a Super Gas car - :poke:
I knew it was coming sooner or later...

Thanks for sharing...

Oh yeah Happy Belated 70th Birthday too...
Happy Birthday Roadrunner.jpg

Very cool, nice pass canyon
Congrats 9.90 @ 135.66 - it's a Super Gas car - :poke:
I knew it was coming sooner or later...

Thanks for sharing...

Oh yeah Happy Belated 70th Birthday too...
View attachment 441524
Yep finally and thank you very much. I was pretty happy to see it. Now I am slowing it down so I don't get booted out of Sonoma Raceway. Waiting for a few smaller restrictor plates. I need to play it safe there.

Yep finally and thank you very much. I was pretty happy to see it. Now I am slowing it down so I don't get booted out of Sonoma Raceway. Waiting for a few smaller restrictor plates. I need to play it safe there.
May I suggest the adjustable throttle stop,the old weld a nut to the floor under the go pedal with a double nutted bolt:thumbsup:

View attachment 440909

Better late than never, happy belated birthday brother

May I suggest the adjustable throttle stop,the old weld a nut to the floor under the go pedal with a double nutted bolt:thumbsup:
Yep simple solutions, are sometimes the best & easiest to,
not really any fancy or expensive parts/electronics needed...

I just got my roll bar certified to 8.5 not that i'm going there but, I just needed it done.

Auto Transport Service
Back