• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

Well, since it was probably the last trip to the track this year. Forecast not looking great starting this week, I figured I'd give Barney a 75 shot and see what happens?
Well my 4100 pound tank is officially in the 9's now. Made only one pass on spray. Wish I had got video. It hung the front end well.

IMG_7277.JPG

Well, since it was probably the last trip to the track this year. Forecast not looking great starting this week, I figured I'd give Barney a 75 shot and see what happens?
Well my 4100 pound tank is officially in the 9's now. Made only one pass on spray. Wish I had got video. It hung the front end well.

View attachment 515551
Nice, wish you had a video of that! Land Yachts That Can

Well the weather was good tonight and it was also my 70th birthday so I needed to give myself something I haven't gotten yet. I realize if I did a 9 second pass I would only do it once. I was actually not intending to do it but I wanted to get close. I have been messing around with this package, motor, trans, diff for about 6 months since I blew my 440 last Nov. I recently made a few simple passes off idle and it hit a 10.01 and 10.04 so I knew the 9 second area was not far off but, I had no cert on my cage no diaper on my pan, no suit, etc. so I wanted not to go into the 9's just yet. I put on my EZPlate to slow it down some for all the right reasons. I came to race. Well it didn't turn out all that well or all that bad. I have a couple videos to put up but I need to convert the format from movi. to something else to get them to load. Anyway heres my time slip. (just a practice run mind you) but, it was my final run since I didn't have the plate I needed to slow it up.

View attachment 440909

Wow....great job ... with setting up the car. You should be proud of the results.

Lotta work....paid off...your pal, Mike

Yeah. I knew a shot would put it in the 9's. I think if I wanted to go much deeper I'd have to address the converter as the spray seems to be putting it over the top.

Here's mine from last Sunday. Lined up with a Hellcat. He got the surprise of his life lol

IMG_5448.JPG

How much spray? Damn that's sweet.
Look at the 60 difference. Mine leaves like a scalded cat. I think my MPH peaks because my cam lays over and my converter.
It was designed NA not spray. Do want to tweak converter this winter a hair though.

Look at the 60 difference. Mine leaves like a scalded cat. I think my MPH peaks because my cam lays over and my converter.
It was designed NA not spray. Do want to tweak converter this winter a hair though.
What's the operating range on your cam?

It peaks at 6800 and pulls well to 7000. The red light is on well before the stripe suggesting it's too much for the converter.
Since spraying isn't going to be common I'm not worried.
I do Love the wheel hang 60's on spray though.

It's about 250 to the tire. The converter was built for my 572 which made way more torque down low. I'm also running 3.73 gears and a 28" drag radial. With a gear and converter change, I think it'd go low 10's on motor and low 9's on the bottle but it would ruin the street cruising abilities of it. It's been 144mph already. Taking it out in October to try for the 9.50 @145

That's moving. I don't think anymore spray will help me much. I think the gear and converter peak me around 137. Talked to Lenny and he figure a slight tweak on the converter will help the 60 and bring the ET down a bit NA. I'm only good to 10.0 and the one track I run at is strict about that. The other track I can get away with a 9 pass once and awhile.

I'm still 4100# depending on how much fuel is in it. I only tech to 10.0 as well. The old 572 went 1.44 60 on the bottle with the 3.73 gear. Probably be my last year racing this car depending on my son's interest.

Yes. I weigh in at that as well. I guess running in the 9's at that weight is a feat in itself. My sone turns 16 next year. I may try and find a Sportman class car for my wife and him to run. We'll see.

IMG_5611.JPG
It's about 250 to the tire. The converter was built for my 572 which made way more torque down low. I'm also running 3.73 gears and a 28" drag radial. With a gear and converter change, I think it'd go low 10's on motor and low 9's on the bottle but it would ruin the street cruising abilities of it. It's been 144mph already. Taking it out in October to try for the 9.50 @145
I got the ET but didn't have the third gear retard on so it didn't go 145. Next year.

Dang. That’s cranking.
I’m gonna shave weight of the girl this winter. That is my cheapest ET improvement.
Would be nice to get under 4000 at the line.
After chatting with a few I think I am going to leave converter alone for now. An adjustment could be better but could also be worse.
Nice pass. I’m envious.

Dang. That’s cranking.
I’m gonna shave weight of the girl this winter. That is my cheapest ET improvement.
Would be nice to get under 4000 at the line.
After chatting with a few I think I am going to leave converter alone for now. An adjustment could be better but could also be worse.
Nice pass. I’m envious.
Thanks. Got a plan to get the 60 down that we'll try in the spring. Hoping to go a 6.0 in the 1/8 with that and some fresh tires.

Wookie...I have concern for your main caps blowing off making that horsepower on the bottle. Gotta be making well over 800 to.go that fast....be careful

When I turn the bottle on my 60 is a 1/10th faster than you. Probably my axle ratio and the low gear set.
NA I run 1.40-1.42 60.
If I blow the mains off I’ll hold you responsible Mr. Gaines :D

When I turn the bottle on my 60 is a 1/10th faster than you. Probably my axle ratio and the low gear set.
NA I run 1.40-1.42 60.
If I blow the mains off I’ll hold you responsible Mr. Gaines :D
Saw that. It's the gear (mine is 3.73) and the .5 second delay before I turn the nitrous on.

Yeah. Mine is right out of the gate and it sticks! Nothing like a sub 1.40 60 in a tank. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back