• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posting about thinking about selling my car and if interested, contact me.....

I'm thinking of a song by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition.
:lol:

"Posting about thinking about selling my car and if interested, contact me....."​

Ok, we know, that you know the rules here.

Pics and price are required.

Just because you are a Mod, that does not mean you can get away with whatever the heck you want.

Oh ya, move it to the proper forum please. Geez...... :welcome:

dont-lowball-me-i-know-what-its-worth-427684.jpg

I've bought and sold houses like that. You want it, what's it worth to you, or like my wife did when she bought my Coronet, how much, it's not for sale, how much. He threw it out and I drove it home. It can work if all parties really know, just asking stupid questions to get the thought process rolling and getting an answer you know you can live with. I've bought things that were never going to be for sale. I moved out of my condo and two cars in front of my house were trying to bid my house from me. I promised it to a friend and one guy offered 15 thousand more. Then he asked about my Coronet which was in the driveway, how much for it. I told him I had a better chance of buying his wife than he did my car. He drove off pissed. Wounded ego.

Last edited:
I've bought and sold houses like that. You want it, what's it worth to you, or like my wife did when she bought my Coronet, how much, it's not for sale, how much. He threw it out and I drove it home. It can work if all parties really know, just asking stupid questions to get the thought process rolling and getting an answer you know you can live with. I've bought things that were never going to be for sale. I moved out of my condo and two cars in front of my house were trying to bid my house from me. I promised it to a friend and one guy offer 15 thousand more. Then he asked about my Coronet which was in the driveway, how much for it. I told him I had a better chance of buying his wife than he did my car. He drove of pussed. Wounded ego.
That last zing was good.

I respond to those texts asking if I want to sell one of our houses with-

"650K" (for a house valued at 230K in today's market).

The responses are sometimes comical if I get a response at all. Usually they simply never respond and never text again, which is the goal.

If pressed, it's actually a legitimate value to me based on rental income and anticipated sales price at the end of a 20 year period.

That's the way "business" works- if you can meet my value expectations prior to me fulfilling them on my own, then you can have it.

"Testing the waters" is my least favorite. Just jump in and tell us a price! If you're "testing the waters", then any inquiry will be a waste of time. Why? Because you (the "seller") want me to give you a price of what I'm willing to pay! That ain't the way things work, Skippy!

My answer to the ridiculous "WIW?" posts is "Anywhere from a dollar to a million dollars. You know what you want for it. Post the price or watch it get deleted." With this thing called the Interwebz, there is all this info about ASKING prices when you do comps (like you do for property). Do the M-F'ing research!

"Testing the waters" is my least favorite. Just jump in and tell us a price! If you're "testing the waters", then any inquiry will be a waste of time. Why? Because you (the "seller") want me to give you a price of what I'm willing to pay! That ain't the way things work, Skippy!

My answer to the ridiculous "WIW?" posts is "Anywhere from a dollar to a million dollars. You know what you want for it. Post the price or watch it get deleted." With this thing called the Interwebz, there is all this info about ASKING prices when you do comps (like you do for property). Do the M-F'ing research!
Yep, pure laziness!

I respond to those texts asking if I want to sell one of our houses with-

"650K" (for a house valued at 230K in today's market).

The responses are sometimes comical if I get a response at all. Usually they simply never respond and never text again, which is the goal.

If pressed, it's actually a legitimate value to me based on rental income and anticipated sales price at the end of a 20 year period.

That's the way "business" works- if you can meet my value expectations prior to me fulfilling them on my own, then you can have it.

I get at least three calls per week, asking if I want to sell my house and property. My usual answer is something along this: "I'll be happy to sell you my property. However, there is a little catch. You must bring, in person, $1.5M cash in unmarked $20, $50 and $100 bills. Be at my front door before close of business today with the cash, and we can do business."

To which, they say "What makes you think your property is worth that?"

And, I'll reply "You called me, jackass. That is what I'll take for it. Period. Can I expect you before 6pm today with the cash?"...*click*

Auto Transport Service
Back