• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Window Question

73bluebird

Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading to power windows in my '73 Road Runner. I have seen the kits from Nu-relic and A1 Electric, but am not completely sold on either of them. Is there a difference in the power window mechanism versus the manul mechanism, or can an original used power window motor and gear be somehow bolted onto the lift mechanism? I am also wondering how difficult this conversion would be, my car is currently gutted and would be easy to access the inner door components in its current state. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

i converted my 68 charger to electric with "electric life" power windows there good quality and work well so far, not sure if they do a kit for your year.
but was very simple i think it was 2 or 3 bolts to get old manual one off then bolt new mechanism in and run the wires.

If using the original components, they are different
And an original setup is hard to find and expensive
I bought an original setup and it was missing the relay, I paid $700 for it

I have an original power window set up out of a 1974 charger that i would be willing to sell if interested..

i converted my 68 charger to electric with "electric life" power windows there good quality and work well so far, not sure if they do a kit for your year.
but was very simple i think it was 2 or 3 bolts to get old manual one off then bolt new mechanism in and run the wires.
Me too. Just do it. Reliable and convenient.

Auto Transport Service
Back