• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressure brake bleeding

TwoDogs

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
I want to bleed my brakes using the pressure method, from the brake to the master cylinder. I would pump new fluid from the brake via the bleeder to the master. realizing that the master would be exposed to burping so I will have to regulate the pressure and watch for overflow. I want to know if I there is a risk of damaging anything in the system doing it this way. I have bled systems using the vacuum method and the old fashion pump, open....repeat. I find that using pressure works far better for hydraulic systems. Thank you for your input.

I do airplanes that way, wheel up to the the masters.. but cars work so much better pressure bleeding from the master down to the wheels!

I bought the small hand held pump to do the procedure from the wheels up. It works fine but realize that the fluid does not come up slowly to the master. It squirts about 2 ft high, Ask me how I know, yikes.

I do airplanes that way, wheel up to the the masters.. but cars work so much better pressure bleeding from the master down to the wheels!
I’m an aircraft mechanic, which contributes to my thought on this method. Thanks for the input.

I bought the small hand held pump to do the procedure from the wheels up. It works fine but realize that the fluid does not come up slowly to the master. It squirts about 2 ft high, Ask me how I know, yikes.
That’s one of my primary concerns. I don’t want brake fluid everywhere.

Bought a pair of ez-bleeders for the rear wheel cylinders, worked good.

just do gravity bleed . open bleeder, master top off master, a cold drink and sit back waiting for the drip to start then a stream of fluid. no fuss no mess and only one person. be patient it is the e-z way

Auto Transport Service
Back