• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pretty good first outing of the year

RacerAL

Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
for some of you this may look familar...this is a copy/paste from my post on another forum..i'm too tired/lazy to type all that again...lol
well i finally got to the track for this first time this season and had a great day..it was the first time out with fresh engine so i really wasnt expecting to much, more than anything just wanted to put a few laps on it and make sure all was well..well it was...the darn thing was as consistent as it has ever been. first 3 time trials were..11.495...11.492 and 11.489. i was amazed..not so much that the car was running well but the fact that it's 60 ft was dead on..and for some reason i happen to be hittin the tree(side note..i was so low on racing fuel and funds to buy said racing fuel, that i didnt even run in the "dialing for dollars" that they run just before eliminations,to save on fuel to make sure i had enough in case i went alot of rounds, which i had a feeling i was goin to do.)...i was right, although not quite the way i would normaly plan on doing it. i go .4919 RED in the first rd. and i'm forced to do something that i basicaly dont like...BUY BACK..i've never really liked the idea of buy backs, but if the option is there i might as well take advantage of it like most others do. so i buy back and end up winning the hole race(my 1st).not gonna bore ya with the rd. by rd. details but in the qrt. final i cut a .525 lite win the race (beat last years track champ) and the bye-run into the final(bye-runs go to the best r/t from previous run)which gave me the bye in the semis.the finals was all MOPAR..me and a duster from columbus..didnt catch the drivers name,but he was a nice guy, and like me thought it was cool that we had an all mopar final...he dials 11.26...i'm at 11.47 my .575 lite to hes .7319..RACE OVER..i run a 11.50 - coasting to the win..what a great feeling when you see that win lite come on.
IMG_2959.jpg

Congrats!! Sounds like you're gonna have plenty of fun this summer with consistency like that!!

Congrats & welcome to FBBO.

I Haven't been to Marion County since back in the early 90's.

Glad you you won... Keep it up.

I Haven't been to Marion County since back in the early 90's.

Glad you you won... Keep it up.

...it's my home track, only 15 mins from my house..neat old school track with alot of nice pepople and some pretty tough racers..you oughta try to make it over for there all mopar meet in july..it's the Chrysler Challange put on by Jeff Johnson..looks to have all the makings of a great race & car show..something like 50 different show car classes and a bunch of great racing..Nost.Pro/Stock..NSS..10.5 cars...and reg. bracket racing

Last edited:
...it's my home track, only 15 mins from my house..neat old school track with alot of nice pepople and some pretty tough racers..you oughta try to make it over for there all mopar meet in july..it's the Chrysler Challege put on by Jeff Johnson..looks to have all the makings of a great race & car show..something like 50 different show car classes and a bunch of great racing..Nost.Pro/Stock..NSS..10.5 cars...and reg. bracket racing

I would like to go but I have to leave on a business trip on Sunday so I better stay home with the family Friday and Saturday.

Dad is planning on being there racing NSS.

Are you going to Martin the following week?

not sure whats gonna happen yet..sure would like to make it to Martin ..but we will have to see how the finances look. are you goning to be there ?

not sure whats gonna happen yet..sure would like to make it to Martin ..but we will have to see how the finances look. are you goning to be there ?

Yha, I'm planning on being there all weekend. That's the other reason I'm not going to make it to Marion for Jeffs race.

Nice going Al. Love that car of yours. Ron

thanks Ron...was begining too wonder if i would ever win 1...3 finals before this 1 and red light in each of them.
have you had a chance to run yur hot rod yet with the new engine ?

can u pm ur motor details or build im curious becuase im in the process of building a 451

thanks Ron...was begining too wonder if i would ever win 1...3 finals before this 1 and red light in each of them.
have you had a chance to run yur hot rod yet with the new engine ?

No not yet. Still have a few things I want to do to the car and I plan to drive it to Carlisle next week. Then after that as soon as the weather cools a tad I will go as I hate racing when its real hot. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back