• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your favorite wheel on a drag car?

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I have to give my vote to the Weld drag lite. It has a timeless look that is at home on any car and from what I can tell it seems to be making a resurgence amongst the youngsters too. I am having a set of bead locks put on these this winter. A close second would be the Monocoque wheels. Similar to a drag lite but had more of a machined look to the holes. Super light though. What are y’all’s faves?
IMG_8654.png

Last edited:
I have to give my vote to the Weld drag lite. It has a timeless look that is at home on any car and from what I can tell it seems to be making a resurgence amongst the youngsters too. I am having a set of bead locks put on these this winter. A close second would be the Monocoque wheels. Similar to a drag lite but had more of a machined look to the holes. Super light though. What are y’all’s faves? View attachment 1557910
Oh! I was going to say the steering wheel!! :rofl:

This combination car and wheel color. They had ET 3's on an earlier car, had a ridge around holes.
missle1.JPG
missle2.JPG

Last edited:
I like my Billet Specialties Street Lites

IMG_2557.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on the car. I have had a LOT of cars over the years. Wheels like anything else can make a car look "dated" IMO. I think over the years I have had most everything out there. Here is what is on my 64 currently

https://postimg.cc/s11Pz7q9]
IMG-0921.jpg
[/url]

I seem to have more centerlines than anything else, so.... Centerlines.
But I like supertricks and torque thrusts too (last race wheel I ordered was a 15x12 custom b.s. TT2)
For a Serious race car...... lightest fronts possible, and high dollar beadlocks for the rear.
(Ignore the awful flames, soon to be gone.)

IMG_20211206_170729.jpg

My all time favorite is the Cragar S.S. for a street/strip. However, with any serious power Cragars, Torque Thrusts, Keystone etc will Crack around the bolt hole areas. None of these Classic wheels were not designed back then to handle today's power levels. Obviously, for a race only wheel you want something SFI approved for safety reasons. I have run them all over the years. Centerlines, Drag Lights. Drag Stars, Convoy Pros. As mentioned from someone above, it depends on the car. A couple of mine currently. The rest of my cars have factory wheels on them.

jpeg-imag.jpg

photo0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back