• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Flo 4. Edelbrock

I’m excited to try out the Holley 4500 sniper, getting one for the new 505.

74E683E6-41D9-4C8E-B4E7-0E88A2233603.jpeg

D1D76DC4-F8B0-43F2-978C-635CD74096A5.jpeg
As a side note, after about 600 miles, no soot noted on the tail of car freeway. Replaced plugs, these in for about 2 brutal, hot, full seasons of summer touring including Reno/Vegas. Will look at them again in Fall this year to measure cleaner burning.

upload_2019-1-17_11-40-40.jpeg

Dennis, you got something you’d like to share with the rest of the class?

Mostly elevation and hot restarts with ethanol issues are driving this. With a sea level tune, the current set up with the 850 Demon is fine. Road trips often take me 5 to 8 thousand feet and the sea level tune is weak. Worse is the hot restarts with evaporation of the ethanol laced fuel. Car runs perfect now in San Jose in any weather conditions. This last trip to Vegas was 101 degrees and about 3000 feet at Fire-something state park. We could not drive from stop to stop without restart issues depending on how long we were there. 1/2 inch spacer and on and on. Engine temp never went over 190, so it is not a cooling issue. All fuel and tuning. With Linda along I get to be a nervous ******* wreck. Reno is next.
Hey Dennis,
I'm interested in this EFI technology Edelbrock has to offer, Pro Flo 4 to be exact. I was wondering if your install was a single O-2 sensor or dual? I would think you would want to monitor both banks for accurate AFR or am I tripping?

i’m gonna copy you Dennis and try some ngk’s if i ever rack up enough miles to change mine

watermelon
I remember when the first set of NGK’s were installed. Noticed an instant crispness. Sweet.

i’m gonna copy you Dennis and try some ngk’s if i ever rack up enough miles to change mine

watermelon
I remember when the first set of NGK’s were installed. Noticed an instant crispness. Sweet.

Hey Dennis,
I'm interested in this EFI technology Edelbrock has to offer, Pro Flo 4 to be exact. I was wondering if your install was a single O-2 sensor or dual? I would think you would want to monitor both banks for accurate AFR or am I tripping?
Solo. Checked with tech. Thanks for clarifying.

Solo. Checked with tech. Thanks for clarifying.
Okay, so the computer only sees the data from one bank and applies the AFR to the other without knowing what the actual ratio is.... hummm
Thanks for the info.

Always looking to dial in. This on the to do list. Do modern cars have 2?
Okay, so the computer only sees the data from one bank and applies the AFR to the other without knowing what the actual ratio is.... hummm
Thanks for the info.

Yes and my grand marquise also.
This is to determine catalytic converter efficiency, not really performance.
Yup when I changed the cats to high flow units from dynatech I was getting efficiency codes for the cats. Had to get a custom tune to get them to go away.

90BEA261-F48C-4CE8-98F7-45DDD7FD01F7.jpeg
Response from Edelbrock Rep on 0-2 sensor question.

Is there enough wire lees for the 02 sensor to reach an X pipe placed at approximately the trans cross member?

Auto Transport Service
Back