• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Flo 4. Edelbrock

Sure will be nice to not have to worry about him keeping up now. Why do you think all the pics he posts of my car are looking out his rear window? :lol:

That’s messed up, but funny as hell!

If you have a setup that works, I can agree with you. But, for how little most drive their cars, making it more reliable and turn key is a HUGE bonus.. And for people like me, building new, the cost is small now to convert to EFI vs. buying a fuel and ignition system..
I didn't miss the point. I have a carburetor and have none of those problems. I live in a mild climate where it does not get too cold.
Dead spots? I've driven several EFI vehicles with those.
To East coast or snow belt guys, the driveability improvements alone are probably worth it. To me, I don't see the money spent to be worth the effort. Good luck though.

FI is dynamic a carb is not , granted you dont see bigger numbers using EFI on the Dyno (remember every one of those shows that run dyno results on their engines have a carb guru tuning the hell out of the carb before you see the final numbers ) but when it comes to throttle response a car running EFI is much better than a carb.If you disagree with this then maybe you should talk to every top fuel drag racer out there and tell them how much better their cars would run on a carb.
Lets face it ,for the factory FI is much more expensive than a carb is but they still put them on everything which should tell you something about the benefits of EFI

The one thing that has always bothered me about my carb is wondering if I was leaving anything on the table .Sure I can pull a plug and see if its lean or rich andand change the jets and I can hook up a vacuum gauge to see if my idle mixture is ok but thats about all I know .But with a self learning EFI system it tunes it for you not only in your drive way but as your going down the street. It Tunes for cold weather ,poor gas ,High humidity ,....
Everyone says that carbs make more power than EFI and I do believe that's most likely true...When a carb has been tuned by a pro using a dyno and 02 sensors .But out of the box a EFI will out perform a carb
also when it comes to everyday throttle response a EFI system is very hard to beat ....

Lets face it ,for the factory FI is much more expensive than a carb is but they still put them on everything which should tell you something about the benefits of EFI
Yeah...It tells me that they needed the precision for improved fuel economy but mostly...For reduced emissions.
The OEMs switched to fuel injection for those reasons mostly.

High altitude and ambients over 100 degrees are my priorities. This year Hot August Nights Reno was a miserable experience. Smoky, 100 degrees, 5000 feet recipe did not agree with the Carb. EFI yet to be tested in those conditions. 850 Demon carb ran perfect 60-90 degrees at sea level. Stop and go hot restarts were problematic too. Sometimes. Easy starting and drivability with temps in the 40’s is a bonus. About 650 miles so far.

High altitude and ambients over 100 degrees are my priorities. This year Hot August Nights Reno was a miserable experience. Smoky, 100 degrees, 5000 feet recipe did not agree with the Carb. EFI yet to be tested in those conditions. 850 Demon carb ran perfect 60-90 degrees at sea level. Stop and go hot restarts were problematic too. Sometimes. Easy starting and drivability with temps in the 40’s is a bonus. About 650 miles so far.

Ya think about that for a second today's cars put out so much more power then they did back in the day on top of that they're streetable they have good manners they can run on regular fuel and a 500 horsepower car gets 20 plus miles per gallon with the air conditioner running

Anybody see the FiTech thread on fabo? 65 pages. Brutal.

Wow, 65? Perhaps you could give a quick synopsis?
Jist of it is, they can’t get it tuned. Now switching out injectors side to side. I was not following closely but have been fortunate with mine. No such issues.

Last edited:
FiTech EFI fabo link.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/fitech-efi-system.321984/
In fairness to FiTech, the thread started in 2015. Pioneers. Lots of heartache, no one has time to read this. Looks like Edelbrock figured out how to assemble compatible components, and the self learn is the icing on the cake. If I had read that thread there is no way I would have fired mine up and took it on a 500 mile trip! Gotta be careful bragging, it can bite. Thank God I waited on this. I got lucky with the in-tank pump from Ricks ($$$$$) etc too. My install guy Ed @ Valaya Racing in San Jose had perviously installed the Pro Flo 4 on a Chevy so that helped a lot too.

Last edited:
My neighbor took his "member of the family" long time owned 77 el Camino to a local Chevy dealer that has a "speed shop" for big upgrades. They decided on a mild 290hp 350 crate motor, Fitech efi, transmission refresh and a few other items.
Eight months and $13,000 later he had the car back.
Experienced about two months of headaches. The car stranded him three times. Fitech was always the blame, but in reality it was installation workmanship and chineseium issues. Finally worked out and for the past several months very reliable and great mpg.
Having said that I believe you made the best choice and obviously your installer does great work.

My neighbor took his "member of the family" long time owned 77 el Camino to a local Chevy dealer that has a "speed shop" for big upgrades. They decided on a mild 290hp 350 crate motor, Fitech efi, transmission refresh and a few other items.
Eight months and $13,000 later he had the car back.
Experienced about two months of headaches. The car stranded him three times. Fitech was always the blame, but in reality it was installation workmanship and chineseium issues. Finally worked out and for the past several months very reliable and great mpg.
Having said that I believe you made the best choice and obviously your installer does great work.
$13,000.00 :realcrazy:

818A2D44-246E-46FB-9BFF-CF972CCAC9BB.jpeg
Anyone interested, I will pm the contact info. San Jose. He wants $800.

Pro flo is definitely the superior set up, but if you give up on the fitech after 20 miles you might as well go get something late model. Needs plenty more tuning time than 20 miles

Pro flo is definitely the superior set up, but if you give up on the fitech after 20 miles you might as well go get something late model. Needs plenty more tuning time than 20 miles
That's what I was thinking. Any self-learning system needs some time, right?

Guess i got lucky. First 20 were seamless on mine. Lit, idle, no stumbles, restarts. Still getting over the shock.

That's what I was thinking. Any self-learning system needs some time, right?
The pro flo is probaly the closest to ready to run out of the box out of all the systems, very well thought out and well engineered. Fitech needs the most tune time out of all, definitely not a bolt on and go like it claims to be.

Auto Transport Service
Back