• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Flo 4. Edelbrock

Not to turn this I hate this state or that state.. But, Pre-75 cars do not need to be smogged, but also are suppose to remain stockish. So yes you can get busted for having this stuff on your car... I should apply to CARB so I can work at getting some of this stuff passed. Like EFI swaps and Late model Engine swaps.. I will guarantee my car will run cleaner with none stock EFI, then it did before it died..

You could, but in reality, no one is gonna mess with ya.

IMG_1796.JPG
Doggy door for the trunk floor arrived. Detroit Speed. Thought it was hinged, it is not. Still better than dropping the tank.

IMG_1811.jpg
It shipped! Under promised, over deliver. This is why these businesses drive the American Economy. Some do get it.

Going to replace the plugs at the same time. Any reason I can't stay with my beloved
NGK XR5's?

IMG_1812.PNG
This is a file foto of a gm tank for reference only. Any advice on making a similar set up work with my factory fuel gauge. Dos and donts. Requirements.

IMG_1812.PNG

The tank and pump are not a big deal, you need to have a sending unit that is Ohm for Mopar, which is 73-10. Do that and your factory gauge will read correctly.

The tank and pump are not a big deal, you need to have a sending unit that is Ohm for Mopar, which is 73-10. Do that and your factory gauge will read correctly.
Thanks. Can you elaborate on the 73-10. What do the numbers (range) represent etc. Gauge is working properly now.

73-10 is ohm range in which you gauge reads. So 73 is Full, 10 is empty or vise versa.

03533D31-0EC5-4B6D-AD54-D8117FE2D6B8.jpeg
It has arrived. 38lbs of bliss. Job starts Tuesday.

While I am not that great with electrical stuff, I do know a little. Get a electrical tester, an Ohm-meter. Connect the negative ground to the main body/mounting surface of the sender. Put the positive terminal to the threaded post. The fuel sending unit is most easily tested out of the vehicle. What you are looking for is how the readings come in when the float arm is all the way at the top of its range of travel (FULL tank) then with the float arm all the way at the other end of its travel (EMPTY tank).
What I find odd is that with the 73 number at FULL and the 10 number at empty, you'd think that at half a tank, the numbers would be exactly between 73 and 10....You know, like maybe 41.5? It isn't. The stock senders are not linear, they read on an elliptical range.
I have an aftermarket tank and 3/8" sender. It does not read 73-10 like the manual dictates, It varies a bit from that spec. I do recall reading that there is an acceptable range of error but I don't recall the amount. I also have another 3/8" sender that fits 68-70 B body tanks that also reads a little off of spec.

What Greg said... if your sending unit is the factory unit, keep it. The rebobs are linear calibrated and while they'll work with the factory gauge, the readings will be off mainly between 1/4 and 3/4.

Is the intake a single plane? From most of the pics I've seen they are showing a SB Chevy.
Just wondering how tall the intake is. Hopefully it isn't Victor height.

Auto Transport Service
Back