• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Touring (Autocross) Top 3 Mistakes

Well I will break rule #1, but 2 and 3, I am good...

I've found that you can go a bit softer on the springs and use heavier sway bars to make it corner well and yet not ride like a 1 ton truck in a straight line. It just depends on what you're looking for. Total handling or total smooth ride or somewhere in between the two. Never have liked a bone jarring ride....

Not all that telling, pretty much common sense stuff, but interesting none the less

Attachments

• Very Interesting Laugh In's Arte Johnson Nazi.jpg
    Very Interesting Laugh In's Arte Johnson Nazi.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 231
I've found that you can go a bit softer on the springs and use heavier sway bars to make it corner well and yet not ride like a 1 ton truck in a straight line. It just depends on what you're looking for. Total handling or total smooth ride or somewhere in between the two. Never have liked a bone jarring ride....

While in theory I agree, the 1.15 torsion bars I installed still did not result in a harsh ride in my Charger.
Also, my car had a persistant oversteer problem even with a 295 rear tire. Going to a matching set of 275s would have made handling worse.

Tex Smith, hot rodder from waaaaaay back, once said use enough spring to hold the car up, then control it via shocks & sway bars.

That is fine for turn right and left, but break dive and acceleration would suffer..

Auto Transport Service
Back